CHAPTER 37

Alexis

I thought college fashion shows would be wild. Like I am talking throw your whiskey at the model, and holler and shout and they'd be grinning from ear to ear. I thought they would be W I L D. what I did not expect was this.

"This shit's too sombre for me," I lean over and whisper to Ellie.

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know any of these boys and they are literally covered in suits."

"Pack it up, pervert," Ellie shoots back.

In front of me there are a bunch of very hot and very white boys strutting in power suits and though they look good, they look like they've been whacked in their heads and are one emotional movie scene away from losing their shit.

"They couldn't have had a more diverse selection," I snort.

"It looks like the male version of those girl defined videos on YouTube," Liam nods.

"Everyone is so white, it hurts my eyes," Andrew says. He is the head of the cultural team and he often complains about how everyone is white and ther's no one sharing his skin. He's black and he's gorgeous.

"Who are they, anyway?" Ellie asks, "I don't recognise them."

"Different college, probably."

I hate this. I came here to watch my super hot boyfriend and cheer for him so everybody knows who the fuck I am, not sit here and watch troubled boys looking uncomfortable in suits which look like they are made for the arctic and not Boston heat.

I can tell Ellie feels the same way because she is scrolling through her Instagram feed and she only does that when she'd rather have her eyes popped out than sit still and be bored for another second. Liam and Andrew are making out so I guess I am the only one who has to endure this stupid Paris fashion week wannabe fashion show.

After ten minutes of what feels like dragging myself through a 50s old nanny TV show for a few days and slowly losing every bit of my consciousness, Rick comes on stage and goes on and on about a swimwear line in some flashy words which make my ears feels dumb.

I sit up straighter and I watch Ellie and the others do the same; Aaron said something about swimwear but I don't remember clearly.

Dear God, how I have waited for this moment my entire life.

From the corner of my eye, I spot Jade smiling sultrily and it makes me want to rip out my intestines. What's she gonna do with a man? Drink vodka off of his abs and leave her friend in need stranded in the middle of nowhere?

 I hold grudges, sue me.

"Are you ready for it?" Ellie grabs my hand, all jittery with excitement.

"Pack it up Taylor Swift and hell yes I am!"

The satin purple curtain slides apart and Nate sprints out in a black swimming trunks. I bite back a laugh when he winks at Ellie and me, but it spills out as soon as he sticks his tongue out at the few freshmen drooling over him.

"Hockey boys are another breed," Andrew says, a small smile playing on his lips.

"Shut up, do well with a theatre boy."

Nate flexes his biceps comically and I know this is intentional, because honestly? No one would willingly do that shit. And I am right because two seconds later Nate bursts out laughing and –thankfully- walks normally to the front of the stage towards Rick.

"So! You know the rules!" Not really, "I start it at 50dollars! Who's up!!"

A couple of hands raise in the air, with a fifty note dangling in their hands and I am still more confused than ever, "So is anyone going to tell me what's happening?"