CHAPTER 54

Aaron

"Man, this tux is itching my butthole," To demonstrate, Dean slides a hand under his butt and shifts awkwardly at his seat.

"I did not need to hear that," Logan says beside him, Will chuckling in his seat.

"Deanie baby, who told you to shit in you pants," Hunter takes a gulp of whatever there is from his flask and smirks, when he catches me looking.

"Oh fuck you, there's some issue in this suit. This is why people shouldn't go for rented suits."

"Maybe the bleach is reacting with the lubes you used during anal," I snicker at Dean.

"I don't use a lube."

"How else does the dick get in?" Will says quietly.

There's silence for two seconds, everyone at shock at hearing Will's words, then there's a sudden roar of laughter from everyone, Dean's face a bright, burning red.

"Fuck each and everyone of you."

"Please don't," Nate says between hollering.

I clench my stomach as I double over in pain the tears leaking from the corner of my eyes.

We are at Liam's recital, and he figuratively squeezed our balls and told us to be dressed in formals and not our, 'raggedy old, sweat stained t-shirts and ripped jeans' so here we are. Brand new and shining.

The place is decorated up to the nine's, with everything washed in a dim golden light and the stage is veiled with a heavy silk drape in black, or maybe it's midnight blue, sometimes I think I am colour blind. I whistle in wonder and really take in the view. Whoever did the set ups really outdid themselves this time because it sure a shell doesn't look like a college auditorium. All we need are those boxes for the rich and mighty, that are shown in those British period films while the opera scene is going on.

"We're too polluted for this place," Hunter says, loosening up his ties a bit.

"You can count me out," I say, sarcastic smug dripping off my smile.

"Richie rich you can't sit in that seat without fidgeting," Dean crones, "Shut it."

"That's because I am too built for this seat, unlike any of you."

"That's not called being ripped, that's called having a fat ass arrogance," Logan smirks, setting off every one of them until they're all whooping and hollering.

I roll my eyes and sit back comfortably, trying to exude an air of indifference and not, contrary to what they may say, arrogance.

"Holy shit," Nate whistles and I turn to his direction of gaze and my heart lodges in my chest.

The rest of the world falls in a silent lull as I take in Lexie, almost tumbling on the steps. A small gasp escapes my lips and I look around to see if anyone noticed it. They didn't. I return my gaze to Lexie who now has a frown on her face, her dark red lips turned upside down, front of her skirt bunched up in her hand so high, I can see up to her knees, and every wire in my brain goes off.

I swiftly turn around in my seat as they approach. Beside me Logan is slack-jawed and his eyes are so soft it sends a pang through my heart. I am not jealous of him, I wish him and Ellie the best because they deserve it after all they have been through. But looking at the love in their eyes makes me realise the emptiness of that familiarity inside me.

I look down and my nails are still covered with blue and white paint. I had started my entry for the exhibition a week ago, when the reminder suddenly popped up on my laptop and like an echo, what I wanted- needed- to draw reached out to me. I rub my eyes with my knuckles and take a breath. I haven't been sleeping much these past days and it's finally catching up to me.

I eerily notice the shift in the air as Lexie picks up her blue skirt and sits down two seat from me, beside Logan and Ellie, as Nate and Dean get up and seat themselves to my right, beside Hunter. I sit completely glued to my seat during the whole commotion. If I move, I will combust, my heart is a thundering roar inside me and I wonder if it's loud enough to shatter the windows of this hall.

Lexie's faint honeysuckle smell wafts up to me and I wonder if she lathered on that stuff or if my senses are going haywire at her proximity. My shoulder is still playing the price of my senses getting lost every time someone triggered me and while it may be okay in a day or two according to the doctor, I wonder how long it is going to take for everything inside me to forget Lexie.

The curtains of the stage draw back ending my reverie and partially and while a lady in a flowy pink gown goes on and on about something, I cant hear her because all I can think about is her. Suddenly the cufflinks scratch against my wrist and these trousers are too tight and my tie is choking me. I run a hand through my gelled rip open the bow, and two of the front buttons along with it.

"Hey," Logan whispers beside me, "You ok?"

"Yeah," I choke, barely. My hands are clammy and my eyes are burning. I don't understand why she wont tell me what happened. Where did I go wrong?

"Sure? You are eerily pale right now."

"I am fine, don't worry about it."

A round of cheers and applauds later, I look up to find Liam on stage at the Grand Piano, looking visibly calm.

"Good evening Everyone, thank you for presenting me with this opportunity, I feel blessed to be a part of this right now," He takes a breath and gives a shaky smile, the calm exterior fading away, "This is for my Andrew, the love of my life."

"Woohoo! Go Liam!" Lexie yells at the top of her voice, everyone's attention momentarily drifting to her before more of them start the same.

Amid the cheers, Liam sits still for a few seconds before starting a tune which sets my alarm bells ringing in my head.

Come around. Rosi Golan.

Whatever I was feeling two minutes ago is heightened tenfold right now; I am not going to be able to sit through this song, not in this lifetime, not without Alexis in my arms.

"So high, tonight," Liam's voice reverberates through the room. Everyone is locked in a stance as the piano picks up speed but I am so acutely aware of Lexie's presence that goosebumps rise on my arms.

"I could lie to you all my days, but you're the one, you're the one."

I lean back against the seat and close my eyes. My ears are ringing with his caramel voice and I am just one more tune away from bawling my eyes out and drag Lexie away so I can kiss her.

I miss her so much. Where did I go wrong?

"Come around, come around, come around, come around to me," Liam's fingers move like liquid over the piano keys, each press of his fingers breaking my heart a little bit more.

Why won't she tell me what happened, I don't get it. I thought everything was going fine but where did I go wrong? I look over at where she's sitting, unable to hold it in, and jerk back a bit to find her staring at me already, a single tear dripping down her cheeks as she mouths 'I am sorry.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So did you like it? Please vote, comment and share. Also let me know if you like the cover or not!

I was really, really bored so I made a playlist for Aaron and Alexis, the link to the spotify playlist is in my bio and please check it out if you want to get into the feels, which I know you do. 

Also would you like and follow me if I make a bookstagram for book recs and stuff??