CHAPTER 42

Alexis

I think we have established by now that I share one communal brain cell with my twitter friends and they clearly don't loan it to me much because I can't use it today. Because my head hurts from trying to figure out this one question sixty times.

Professor Black is perched on her desk, with her legs touching the floor and flipping through a file thick enough to tell me that that one single file can probably ruin my life. It's the student background portfolio. No other professor uses that but apparently she does. Because of course she does.

The young girl on the video running on the projector, is talking about someone following her; she's constantly scratching her neck so that might either be a signal? Something happened to her neck? An incoming anxiety attacks?

It's a black and white video and watching it makes me wish I wouldn't have wasted all my time making out with Aaron and should've actually studied like he forced me to. Can't believe he actually had the self-control to stop kissing and force me to study when I was straddling his lap and smearing lipstick all over his neck.

Something pokes me in the back and I wait for Professor Black to continue scrolling through her file before leaning back.

"What?"

"Is it anxiety or schizophrenia?"

"Do you think if I knew I'd be staring into the void?"

I do not cheat. Especially not in Black's class and especially not with Carter Kingsley, who has a habit of ratting people out during cheating. I'd rather not be caught cheating in this class, I worry about my seat in this college a lot. And also about my neck if my dad figures out that I cheated and got expelled.

Back to the topic on the screen- she's going on about seeing a clown following her, but in reality there was no clown, so that rules out anxiety. It's probably schizophrenia? I remember Aaron telling me that schizophrenic people tend to hallucinate and often get the impression that someone is after them.

Well, it's not like I am sure about anything else, so I take a wild guess, cross my fingers, and write schizophrenia. If I fail, I fail again.

But I don't think that will happen, since I am pretty sure that this paper is tougher than the last one – this fucking bitch- but yet I am able to answer seventy percent of the paper. I make a mental note to wash Aaron's feet because without him, I'd be getting F and not even a D.

"So how's the paper?" Black looks at us and smirks. Smirks. As if she knows how fucked up this paper actually is.

We all mutter grunts of approval, because it's not like we have a different choice. What do we say? You made sure we all fail again? Hell no, we don't want to be thrown out of this class anytime soon.

"I hope all of you know the answers and it won't be a mess like the last time," She remarks.

A hush envelops the whole classroom, and I swear to God I need ten pounds of dry coffee beans inside my mouth to fix the pieces of my brain back together. And I'd say alcohol too, but I probably need to coat acid on the alcohol bottles so I don't touch them, because the last time I did, I almost broke my ankles in high heels, made out clumsily with Aaron and almost blew him on the street.

Forty five minutes later, I push through the door hard enough to break the door off of it's hinges, and feel the fresh air on my skin and metaphorical flowers are growing within me. Oh the torture that I survived, called exams.

It's a miracle I could write whatever I did because the whole time I kept thinking about the date. Aaron Richards, star hockey player, hot as hell -slightly annoying but we'll ignore that- is going on a date with me. The bitchy, lipstick girl who barely passes biology, but is still in pre-med.

My phone buzzes and I fish it out of my jeans pocket, "Hello."

"Specsy Lexie!" Aaron's rich voice fills the phone, "How'd it go?"

"Specsy what? Excuse me?" I shriek.

"You're wearing specs right?"

"Yes," I mutter hesitantly.

"So now tell me, how'd it go?"

I sigh, "Let's just say I am not going to be a psychiatrist."

"That bad, huh?" Yes and I want you to come hug me so I can act like a five year old to my heart's content.

But I tell him the truth, "It was actually better than I expected. I did relatively better than the last test."

"That's amazing babe! How much are you expecting?"

"About a B?"

If I get a B I am buying ten conffetties and making sure everyone around me knows that I got a B, and then I am praying to God every single day and blackmailing Aaron to teach me everyday.

"Maybe I should go into teaching," Aaron says slyly.

"Actually you'd do well in that field."

"I'd do well in a lot of physical fields too, if you'd let me , but anyway see you tonight Lexie," He says and hangs up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good news! i finally have a layout for Logan and Ellie's story! it'll probably be called Amore, though i can change it if i get a better name and i am so excited for it OH MY GOD!!! Amore is going to be a very angsty, heartbreaking, tearjerker cliche, badboy romance, the kind of ones that make you want a one true love. 

i have always wanted to write a cliche, badboy romance and i will finally write it so there's that but i am still unsure if i should start posting it now, or should i do it after finishing All I see; i'll probably upload it later, though let me know what you'd prefer! I'll be uploading stuff on instagram so stay tuned there, my id is angatyherondale612

please dont forget to like, share and comment how you liked the chapter!