9: AARON DISEASE AND SHOWER SINGING

Alexis

"We could try the Tuna sandwich?" I suggest.

We are sitting at Cherries, deciding what to order for lunch. The closest place from my bookstore, where we could eat, is Cherries and since Aaron has the hunger of an elephant who has gone without food for three days, we are here, instead of the dining hall at the campus, which would have taken five minutes longer to reach. None of us has spoken about the bookshelf incident or his claim that I am a chaste maiden smitten by his green eyes and I want to jump his bones and I am thankful for it; I would rather not remember the way I reacted to him, even though his green eyes do make me want to do stupid things damnit.

"I am not taking any of your suggestions, not after the shit you made me eat last time."

If someone told me last week, that I'd be sitting here with Richards, two days in the same week, I would have branded them as the new lunatic of our batch. Joke's on me because I got played by my guiding angels.

"It wasn't that bad." I snort.

"Yes, it was. That was the whole point of suggesting me that salad."

"Your reaction was priceless."

Aaron makes a disgusted face, "Don't remind me. It tasted like lemon fest in that one bowl."

"A lemon country," I add.

"Like a jug of pure lemon juice, extracted from a whole farm."

I burst out laughing and finally choose the tuna sandwich when the waitress comes. Aaron orders the same.

"Whatever happened to Emily, right?" I ask slyly.

At first, he looks clueless about her but then he scrunches his eyebrows together and remembers.

"Are you jealous?" he looks so amused by it I want to slam his head against the wall. 

This is not something new, I want to slam his head against a wall always but ever since the dream, my mind has gone into a pure bullshitting mode, and today did everything it could to worsen it.

"As if I could ever be a victim of the Aaron disease. My immunity and my pants' elastics are stronger than that.

"The what?" Aaron looks like he could be the cure for all the sadness in the world, what with all the laughter he's trying to suppress.

"The Aaron disease."

"What's the Aaron disease? Who else knows about it? Who has contracted the disease?" He leans forward on his elbows and is gripping the table so he doesn't fall over from his fake-laughing-gas-induces-laughter.

I roll my eyes at him, "So very funny, right?"

"Oh definitely. Now answer me."

"The Aaron disease is what happens to people, mostly girls, who are enamored by the façade you put on."

"Hey, there's no façade," he points his finger at his chest, "It's all god-gifted, babe."

I look at his smug face and give him a sweet smile, "Of course it's not a façade, I mean no one can be as annoying as you, even if they fake it. I forgot you being a hockey player and having a ripped body is enough to drive girls into your bed."

"You think I have a hot body?"

"So not the point." 

Obviously, that's the point he focuses on, his inflated head can't take anything else. He probably sings to himself in the shower, staring at the mirror and singing "you're so gorgeous, I can't say anything to your face, cause look at your face".