CHAPTER 19

Rule number one of being a Boss-ass Bitch:

Never let a person see you cry.

We'll have to skip that one because everyone knows I am a huge crybaby. I need to bawl my eyes out four times a week, religiously, to replenish my juices. The first time I watched The Notebook, in eight grade, I cried so much I was on the verge of passing out from dehydration.

Rule number two of being a Boss-ass Bitch:

Never let people see you at your weakest vantage point.

This is a really tough one for me because I wear my heart on my sleeves and I am an emotional wreck; open for business all hours of the day.

And this rule is getting extremely hard for me to follow since Aaron, of all people, decided to pull an Ashton Kutcher from No Strings Attached on me, by bringing me ice cream and burgers and his amazing self. Although I think the burger was more for himself, since I kid you not, he finished it in record time.

Francis! My heart and my soul! He died, and from a head injury for fuck's sake! I hate scientists for not being there when they were actually needed. Would it kill people to have a time-traveling machine, what does it take to make one? I will do it! I will save my soulmate, Francis from such a measly death

So technically, if I go by the rules, I am not a Boss-ass Bitch anymore, but I think everyone knows the correct answer to that so I will focus on the more pressing issue; Aaron Richards.

The one who's flashing me his oh-i-know-i-am-too-hot-for-my-own-good smile, "So catch me up on what happened in the show!"

"You need to leave." I blurt out before I convince myself he can stay.

His smile falters a bit but he keeps it intact still, "Why is that?"

"You need to go," I blurt out, "Seriously, you'll be bored."

He tilts his head back and groans an audible sigh, "Can you please just tell me what's happening in the show right now? I am not going anywhere, I am staying with you."

I shouldn't have allowed him in, it's a big mistake. I can't let him see me like this, I am a mess right now. More importantly, why is he here? and who brings ice cream? Everyone knows that's boyfriend level task and I hate Aaron. He's annoying and gets on my nerve and has a stupid smile, which he is flaunting my way right now and I am losing brain cells trying to decipher the meaning behind this situation.

I hate it, I hate feeling like this, can't a girl just mourn the death of her husband peacefully?

"Why are you here?" I grunt.

"Because I wanted to be."

"You're not really going to leave, are you?" I sigh.

"Nope," he leans over to flick my nose.

"Fine, then brace yourself," I say through gritted teeth.

For the next ten minutes, I go over the whole of Reign and tell him again and again how much Francis was wronged and how much I hate that stupid, fucking home-wrecker Conde. Not once does he look bored or amused and in any way highly entertained by what I am saying or even tries to make fun of me, which is highly impressive, I must admit.

Whenever I talk to Ellie about it she says only one thing:

"Alex, I love you but I really need a strong, dark coffee after the headache you just gave me."

"Now that it's over, do you really need a reason to leave?" I ask dryly, "Go home and fuck someone I guess."

He throws his head back and laughs, a genuine and deep laugh that seeps through my core. This is concerning. "I know you think I like to be all bad and broody and charm girls into my bed, but I do not."