CHAPTER 51

Aaron

Everything is a bit foggy. I don't really remember much of the day, from the part where Lexie gets up and leaves with tears shining in her eyes to the part where I go stumbling towards my car after the last class and feeling like I added ten crates filled with shattered pieces of broken hearts on my chest. But I remember the tears.

My god, I remember her tears and watching her baby blues go almost translucent from all that unshed water. It was like being stabbed repeatedly; every time she looked at me it was like she was sitting next to a stranger whose warmth she knew like the back of her hand.

I think it's all those painkillers Logan shoved down my throat before my classes, and it's those goddamned tears. I lean my head against the door. I drove back home but even the car ride is a blur.

I bang my head against the door. I close my eyes and I see her eyes.

I bang my head against the door again, a little harder. My eyes are closed and I hear her whispers and it's like being torn apart from all the seams.

I bang my head against the door again, harder. It's starting to ache but it's doing nothing to stop the ball of hurt choking my throat.

I banh my head against the door again, even harder. My breath comes out in spasms from the hole that was once my heart.

I bang my head against the door again, the hardest I've ever hit it. Every bone in my body is screaming her name and my ears are bleeding.

"Aaron," I hear my name and turn around to see Will running up towards me, his backpack flapping behind me.

"Aaron, man you're so fucked up right now."

"Aaron? I think you mean Logan," I joke but the words choke near the end.

"With how fucked up your face looks right now, you might be stealing the throne from our Badboy King Logan," He shakes his head at me and ushers me inside.

Inside, I tumble to the floor and lean my head against the back of the couch. There's a dull pain in my shoulder and I think it's not looking like a cauliflower anymore, I am pretty sure it has gotten worse and I need to get it checked out.

"Okay so!" Will slides down beside me on the floor, "How are we doing here?"

I stare at him blankly, "Nothing big, Dad."

"Is it her? Is it Alexis?" he asks softly.

That's the thing I love about Will. He doesn't do bullshit. He also doesn't lie to my face and expects me to swallow everything he says like I have a pea sized, non-functioning brain.

"Nah," I smile at him, "it's not her."

For one fucking second I want to stop thinking about her, I don't want to mope around in the crushed pieces of my soul. Sometimes you don't know how badly you're broken until you get cut on your ruin.

He chuckles dryly at that, "I know you're bullshitting me right now but I can see a split lip and you're wincing whenever your shoulder touches something so I will give you a pass."

"What's for dinner willmill?!" I jump up cheerily and I want to sit back down again. God I am so tired. Everything fucking hurts and I am so tired.

"I told you to stop calling me that, it sounds like Windmill."

"Exactly why I say it," I finger gun at him and he looks more concerned than ever.

"Are you sure you're okay? Okay people don't finger gun at others..."

There's an ache in my bones and Lexie's icy blue eyes keep popping up in my head.

The front door bangs open at the same time I am about to say something and a very worried Logan rushes in, "Where's Aaron?"

"Right here," I raise my hand comically and he almost slumps down with relief.

"Thank God, I thought you jumped off a bridge or something."

That's enough to draw my attention for five seconds before the bone-deep ache starts all over again.

"Excuse me what?" Will looks very amused.

"Ellie told me you had a... run-in with dear little Alexis," He folds his hands in front of him and my throat is itching to tell him to drop the hunk, authoritative energy with me. I am not a bottom.

"I'd hardly call it a run-in," I snort.

"Or call her little," Will mutters beside me.

"Look," I begin, "We just had a talk."

"And were you both okay after that?"

"Are we both okay after what she did?" I counter but I already feel my defenses weakening, "I am tired and I have cuts to bandages so I'll deal with this parental concern later."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now that we're done with the heartbreak, it's time for undeniable sexual tension, angst, and a lot of gut-wrenching tears, so don't skip out on the next chapters ;)

Happy reading! Please vote, share and comment. My instagram is @angstyherondale612 :)