CHAPTER 28

(Mature content ahead ;)

Alexis

I remember when I was in ninth grade, I had the summer of my dreams. All my days consisted of lazy nights and the pages of a book. Lots and lots of books. The feeling of reading a whole book in a day was incomparable.

Dad used to yell at me once a week, religiously, to stop reading so much or else I would ruin my eyes and fail my classes, but that did nothing to deter me. I was still going on turbo reader mode. I remember feeling blissful, almost serene like nothing could hurt me.

Within those pages, I was protected and on cloud nine. No matter what anyone did, I would be unaffected because I was doing something I loved and wanted to do. It felt like magic, like a dream. Nothing could go wrong.

Kissing Aaron feels the same way; like the strings of reality have been cut off and I am so high up in dreams nothing could ruin it.

Aaron breaks apart from me and looks at me hesitantly, "Lexie, I-"

I don't let him finish the sentence before I grab his collars and pull in for more. No holds barred.

He tastes slightly of the cherry coke we had with Dany and Fred and his lips are feather-soft. He slides his hands from my face and glides them over my arms and before resting them on my waist and I am electrified all over.

The air around us feels charged as I dig my hands in his hair and they are exactly how I imagined them to be, with fine strands slipping through my fingers. He yanks me closer and makes a throaty sound in my mouth, sending me in a spiral of hysteria.

He glides his tongue over my lower lip, in a back and forth motion, before nibbling on it softly and Dear God, I'd give up so much to do this all day, all the time.

I am the first one to break the kiss; foreheads touching, both of us still panting from the aftermath, "You're good."

"Glad you like it," he smirks against my mouth, "Now hush."

He kisses me the exact moment the Ferris wheel sets in motion and I wrap my arms around his neck to keep my balance; but he doesn't let me break the kiss, and instead, he uses my moment of surprise to glide his tongue inside my mouth and fireworks burst inside me.

The only con of kissing Aaron is the fact that my standards are going to be so high now. Is he really this good or have I just been kissing morons all my life? He makes my other kisses feel like I have only ever kissed ash.

He buries one hand in my hair and deepens the kiss as I lean back until my back connects with the iron railings of the cabin. This is the single best moment and not even watching Reign can top this. Francis could never do it like Aaron is doing right now.

I am cut off mid-thoughts when we go down and our cabin swings to the side. I yelp but my voice is swallowed by Aaron's laughter in my mouth, "Don't worry, I got you."

I yank him away by the shoulders, "Let's go down, I don't want to ride."

His eyes darken with concern immediately, "What's wrong? Did I hurt you? Are you scared?"

I shake my head no and press my lips to his, "I want to kiss you while we are not swinging half up the ground."

He wastes no second. He puts up two fingers as we reach the round and the Ferris wheel abruptly stops. Aaron is the first one to get out of the cabin, grabbing me behind him. He winks at me, before hastily locking the gate and nodding at the old man working the ride.

"What happened?" I look over and see Ellie and Logan eyeing us worriedly, "Lex are you okay?"

"I am fine, meet us at the car!" I look over at them one last time before Aaron grabs my hand and we make a mad dash to I don't know where.