CHAPTER 43

Alexis

"This is fancy."

Aaron snorts, "You're dressed for it so don't tell me you didn't expect it."

"I am always dressed up."

He leans over and whispers, "And you always look pretty hot too."

We are at Ribbon's. A family restaurant at the opposite end of Boston, and a little bit expensive for college students, and since we are only used to lemon salads and onion burgers, so this is a nice change.

When I heard where we were going, I could have cried at how glad I was. I thought he would take me on some hike or mountain climbing or some shit and here's the thing. I hate walking, always have and always will. And on a date? With a hot guy? Willingly showing my lack of basic ability to walk and becoming a big ball of sweat? Not me, thank you very much.

So when he told me that he' taking me to Ribbon's and asked if I could wear a dress, I said yes faster than I had said to anything else. I am glad he gave me the heads up that I am supposed to wear a dress, because Aaron in formals? An art. 

Now with him looking the way he is looking in his rolled up navy shirt, flexing on his back muscles, I cant be sitting here looking like a homeless, gypsy, drug addict from Texas. Ellie helped me get into a light pink satin dress and I don't miss the way people are staring at us from the top of their glasses. Cant blame them, because if I were in their shoes, I would stare too.

"So what do you want to eat?" He is bent over his menu, squinting adorably.

"You." I wink.

He looks at me quizzically, "I don't know why, but it sounds very familiar.

"You probably heard it on some show or movie."

He raises an eyebrow at me, "You're that unoriginal with pickup lines?"

"Shut up Richards. At least I try."

He sits up straighter, grinning a Cheshire cat smile, "Alright how about this. Are you a parking ticket?"

"What?"

"Cause you got fine written all over you."

I blink twice and I am not sure if I heard it correctly, "What, exactly?"

He clears his throat, "My name's not sully but you can still be my boo."

I snort, "Is that a reference from the Monsters movie?"

"Someone should call the police because you just stole my heart."

"Oh my god, stop!"

"Do you sit in a pile of sugar? Because you have a pretty sweet ass."

"How do you even know so many?"

"I'd say God bless you, but it looks like he already did."

"Stop, I cant laugh here."

"Is there an airport nearby? Or is it my heart taking off?"

I cover my face with my hands because I don't want to be on the floor or laughing like a hippo in front of so many people, but boy can Aaron can be cheesy.

"Where'd you even get all of this?"

He laughs and takes a sip of water, "Handcrafted for you, babygirl."

"Bullshit."

"It's from Pinterest and Tumblr."

"And I am unoriginal?" I smirk.

Aaron rolls his eyes, smiling all the while, "Mine were better anyway."

"No it wasn't."

"Yes it was, which one was your favorite?"

I think about it for a second, "It was and the best one was probably the God bless you one."

He gives a throaty chuckle, "Of course it was."

I stick my tongue out at him and he shakes his head.

"What will you have? I am, thinking cheese pasta," he says, head bent over the menu with wisps of black strands falling over his face.

"Cheese Pasta? This isn't Wendy's."

"Why don't you have tiramisu then?" he says dryly.

"That's a dessert, Richards."

"And you cant have dessert now because?"

"Good idea," I slam the menu on the table, "I will have cake."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Should've ordered the pasta," Aaron twirls his fork in his plate, "It's really good."

"Well, I never said I can't try it," in a flash of a second, I scoop up a spoonful of pasta from his pasta.

"Thief , eat your own food," He mutters, mockingly shielding his plate with his hand.

Turns out having a cake before ordering anything else can get you weird looks from the server so I ordered butter chicken and rice, and the Indian food fanatic in me is screaming at how good this is.

"Are you sure you can handle that much spice Lexie?" He points at my plate.

"Have you met me?" this is of course way too spicy for me but nothing I can't take. Unless and until I am burning my tongue off, there's really no need to stop.

"Why didn't you come to the game today?"

"I slept," I say sheepishly, "Sorry."

Aaron shakes his head, biting back a smile. So apparently, the Hockey team with a match with Harvard today and since after yesterday's paper, I was so sleep-deprived, I was out like an overworked corporate employee, so Ellie didn't wake me up or tell me about the match they had. I slept for sixteen hours straight. I am embarrassed.

And also kinda bummed, since watching Aaron play is one of my secret kinks and I'll have to make do with that since I can't ask him to rail me with his jersey on, that'd be something a sixty year old man might ask a sex-worker to do and I am just not that desperate for it.

"I mean, that exam did take half of your functioning so."

"More than half," I point out.

Aaron snorts, "Well, if you-"

"Alexis?" Someone calls me from behind.

I turn around and the floor vanishes beneath me, "Dad?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I literally forgot that I didnt post this i am so sorry! 

A lot of hot stuff coming you way so watch out.