CHAPTER 44

Aaron

"What the hell are you doing here with him?!"

"Dad, it's not what-," Lexie licks her lips, "Will you let me explain?"

"Aaron, you're Aaron right? Robert's son?" Her father looks like a villain straight out of a movie. He has a military moustache, with the ice blue of Lexie's eyes.

"Yes sir, nice to meet you," I extend a hand forward, and luckily for me he shakes it, but hesitantly nonetheless.

"I wish I could say the same, but I wish I met you under different circumstances."

"Dad!"

That hurt. I see from where she gets her spitfire tongue from.

"What are you doing here?"

I am expecting some lame excuse about a school project or group discussion, thinking back on that one morning where she thought her Dad came and she freaked out; it seems so long ago now.

But she takes me by surprise when she raises her chin defiantly and says, "I am on a date with him."

Mr. Forte's eyes bulge out of his eyes for a second before he composes himself, "You're what?"

I clear my throat and intervene, "Sir, I took your daughter out for a date."

"Well, I am sorry Aaron, but I am going to have to take her away from your little date," He sneers on the word date as if saying it is going to give him a STD.

"What the hell! No!" Lexie yells, backing away a step.

"I think we need to discuss a few things, Alexis."

"Well we can do that later."

"We are leaving now, Alexis," He says a bit more sternly and in a voice that sends a tingle down my spine.

"Dad, we can talk ab out this like normal human beings, without you making a scene now," She moves forward slowly, hands in front of her, "I'll come home after this."

"You are coming home with me right this second!" He points a finger at her, anger written on his forehead, even though his voice was low, "Not another word after this."

"But-"

"I think you should go."

"What?" Lexie whips her head towards me, blonde hair spraying over her shoulder.

"It's okay Lexie, we can continue this later."

"No that's bullshit, I am staying."

I close my eyes and sigh, "Lexie, I really think you should leave, it's okay, don't worry mi querida," I reassure her when her eyes turn frantic, "I'll call you tonight."

"Are you sure?" She wraps my hands in hers and in that moment of warmth I want to envelope her and never let her go. It pains me to nod my head and tell her that it's okay even though it's not.

"Yeah babe, don't worry."

I have a terrible feeling in the pit of my stomach about this; and that feeling alone makes blood rush to my head, making me dizzy. Something bad is about to happen but I don't know I don't know I don't know. I just know I don't want to let her go.

"Alexis, c'mon don't make me wait," Her father says in a clipped tone.

"Can you wait for a second?"

"I'll be in the car, I give you five minutes before I am dragging you out of here," He barks at her before turning around in his heels and walking away.

"Listen, I'll call you tonight," I tuck a stray strand of hair behind her hair, "It'll be fine, don't worry about it."

Lexie bites her lips worriedly and that sends me in a motion of frenzy like never before. I bend down and take her mouth in a warm kiss that I feel all the way up to my fingertips and in the back of my eyelids.

We break apart and there's no distinguishing the storm of worry in her eyes, "He'll be mad."

"I know and I know you'll be able to calm him down."

"I wish you would be there with me."

I chuckle dryly, "I don't think he'd particularly like that."

That earns me a small smile from her which has the flood of the bad feeling in my stomach churning into waves.

"Call me tonight, I'll be waiting," she stands on her tiptoes, kisses me on the cheek, then turns around and walks away.

Leaving me and the impending feeling of doom in my gut, alone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing Aaron's pov always fills me with this terrible sense of sadness idk why.

Anyway, what do you think is coming next? *cue evil laughter