CHAPTER 10

Alexis

"Can you see him?" Ellie cranes her neck to peep between the two bulky men standing in front of her.

"I can. Barely."

We are at the University Arena and our team is playing against Yale. We reached here late because Ellie decided she needed to go all New York Fashion Week level of preparation to be here, to see her boyfriends, whom she sees every single day. The result being, we didn't get seats, and barely managed to get standing tickets on a busy game night like this.

"I wish we could have been here sooner." Sighs Ellie, clinging on my arm to get a better view.

I snort, "Oh wish don't we? It's not like we could have done something."

"You literally put on a yellow top, black shorts, red lipsticks and boom! Goddess! Not all of us have that kind of power."

"Not all of us, but you definitely do." I reply dryly.

The game is a complete cluster. It is power and aggression and speed. Lots of it. There are icy gazes and heated arguments, clash oh hockey sticks and ice skids. The game looks harsh and brutal from here so I can only imagine what it's like down there. The air smells of adrenaline and anticipation and everyone is hooked and griping the edge of their seats and screaming their lungs out.

"YOU GOT THIS LOGAN!" Ellie screams as she should, because we are winning the fuck out of this game.

I am guessing the ref is letting a lot of calls go off, because it's absolute madness down there. The players are playing with pure and reckless abandonment; it's raw. The screams, boos and whistles are crash together until it's a cacophony of noises and blur against each other.

"Holy shit." I say, a slow smile spreading on my lips.

"What? What is it?" Ellie jumps in her place to get a better look, and she does, when the men in front of her shift a bit sideways and she gets a manageable view.

Yale is in tatters and it's very clear Meyer is outplaying them. They are exceptionally good today, mostly Logan - who's number three, according to Ellie - and the other one, number fifteen.

"Hey, fifteen's Hunter, right?" I ask Ellie and she nods absentmindedly. She has figurative heart eyes while looking at Logan and I don't think she notices anything else now that she has been struck by Cupid's arrow.

Hunter and Logan have been playing at a lightning speed today, and they are a blur most of the time. Blink and they are gone. They have been shuffling the puck between them, passing it back and forth, mostly among themselves but sometimes to Dean West as well. But it doesn't miss me how the maximum number of goals are struck by Aaron. He's absolutely magical when it comes to striking a perfect goal. Logan and Hunter pass the puck at lightning speed to Aaron who somehow magically makes a goal- ninety percent of the time.

"Do you think they are going to win?" Ellie is biting her nails in anticipation and I let out a chuckle.

"Hell yeah, see the scores."

Three to one. We are leading.

I spot the power line of the team - Sam and Will- and the reason they are called that because of the bone-crushing hits I have seen them diss out at the opponent players. They both have been giving absolutely powerful blows all through the game, like now, when Will elbows a Yale player hard enough to crack a bone and dekes out the puck to Logan, who goes at a light speed towards the goal but instead of scoring the goal himself, he skates forwards and waits for Aaron to cross the blue line before sending the pass back to him; Aaron skates around for a while, deking some players, before he shoots and scores.

There's a loud deafening roar that goes through the crowd, and Ellie and I jump in unison. We have been doing that a lot this evening; screaming and jumping. Logan, Aaron, and Hunter have been a tight knot since the start of the game and are working amazingly as a team ever since the game started. Logan and Hunter get the puck and move towards Aaron all fast and furious style and pass the puck to him who scores point-blank. Every. Single. Time.

"Ha! Suck it losers! Can't beat us!" few of the Yale students and fans give me a stink eye.

"You promised you wouldn't do it." Ellie sighs beside me.

"The deal's off, we are winning." I give her a toothy grin before I go off again, "Can't win anything, can you!?"

"Shut up bitch." A man in front of me growls. Ginger, cargo shorts, pot belly, beard.

"Aren't you a little too old to be watching college games, Grandpa?" yeah suck it, unemployed Kyle, who lives with his mom and has beer and peanuts for dinner at a greasy bar.

"I can show that ass what I am not too old for."

I almost puke out huge chunks of the burger I had before I came here, all over his ginger beard, but I manage. I wish I didn't.

"I think your right hand can do that job just fine." I smirk and there are a lot of oohs and ahs beside me, from the people who overheard the whole exchange.

"Alexis!" Ellie shrieks beside me and yanks my attention back to the game, as Aaron scores another goal.

The current score flashes across the screen- three- two - and out of the twenty-two, around fourteen of them are courtesy of Aaron Richards. Yes I have been keeping a count and yes I am going to shoot myself on the head for keeping all my eyes on him, the whole game.

"Aaron has his game mode on."

"Yes he is amazing." I am not even hearing Ellie fully, because I have blocked out all my senses towards anything which is not Aaron. He moves so gracefully on the ice- he is the most flexible of them all, which, inevitably makes me think of all the other ways he is flexible , and I am so grateful to Ellie for pulling me out of my fantasies.

"So now we are team Aaron now?" she smirks and she's not quiet about it.

"In hockey we are." I wink in return.

The timer blinks above and there are fifteen seconds left for the game.

Yale captain Nate Orlando elbows Will menacingly, giving him a taste of his own medicine and rushes towards the goal post. Logan skating at a break-neck pace behind him, but Nate's faster as he shoots the goal.Our breaths are stuck in our throat and I cannot breathe.

He misses.

There's a collective sigh of relief, and I take a huge gulp of air, noticing that I am not breathing like a regular person, but like an asthmatic dog, taking huge gulps of air at once, and forgetting to breathe for a while.

Eight seconds.

Aaron gets the puck and skates around for a bit, playing time while simultaneously confusing the goalie. I am chewing my cuticles by now, I can barely stand straight; on second thought, I probably need to pee too.

"C'mon Richards!" I can't help it.

Neither can he because he looks up even though it can cost him his goal - not the win because we are winning anyhow now. In his defense, I am in his direct line of vision and I am not even that far up.

He gives me one of his signature smiles and - I hear Ellie laughing beside me - shoots his shot.

He scores.

The buzzer sets off. We won.

There's a loud roar around me and Ellie is screaming her lungs out and I am jumping and it's an absolute mess of cheers and applause and the boys on the rink are indulged in groups hugs, and high fives and pat on the backs. Including Aaron, who looks at me again, now without the helmet, and flashes me a wink and I am red from head to toe, but all he sees is a smirk.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi beautiful people! Vote and comment down below how you like it!