6: KING FRANCIS AND VINTAGE PERFUMES

Alexis

It's official. I have the biggest crush on King Francis of France. I have a huge crush on him. Think heart eyes, flower bouquets to his place, and daydreaming about our marriage and future children crush. I am whipped.

I am currently lounging on my dorm couch, wearing my yellow panda pajama shorts and a sweatshirt with the logo of Meyer University on it. I am watching Reign and I am totally obsessed with King Francis. I googled the actor's name earlier, It's Toby Regbo, which is a huge turn off for a name; everyone agrees that King Francis has a much better ring to it.

"You sure you don't want to come?"

I look up to see Ellie dolled up in a pretty pink dress and her brown hair hanging in curls down her back. She looks like a cupcake. A very pretty and delicious cupcake. She also smells like one.

"Mmm what's that perfume?" I ask, sniffing.

"Something vintage. Bought it from a boutique."

"Will you let me wear that perfume if I surrender my firstborn to you?" I puppy eye her.

"You don't have to be so dramatic, I'll let you wear it."

"You are the best, El!"

"You sure you're not coming?" She asks again and I nod my head 'no' at her.

Ellie and Logan have a date today in one of the fancier restaurants of the town called Grilled. As much as I love spending time with them, I think crashing one date per month is enough to fill the best friend's pity quota. I am not about to cling to them everywhere I go. I crashed their date at Cherries and look how well that turned out. I had to face the devil reincarnated, who goes by the name of Aaron Richards.

"Well, I still have ten minutes left before Logan picks me up, so spill." She plops down on the other end of the couch and misses crushing my feet, by mere fractions. Fractions.

"Spill what?" I feign innocence but she knows as well as I do that I know what she is asking.

She pins me down with one of her laser focus gazes and I give in "FINE. I thought about Aaron's offer, my answer is still no."

"He said he would do anything."

"I know." I am trying to focus on King Francis' gorgeous curls, but it's all in vain. All I can think about is Aaron's raven hair and how shiny they look. I am showing symptoms of Aaron disease and it is not a good news.

"And there's nothing you want him to do?" Ellie asks pointedly.

I sit up straight and mute the channel to discuss stupid Aaron and his even stupider offers, instead of watching the glorious Reign.

"What do you mean?"

She takes a deep breath, and continues, "Liam texted me about what Black said. About the tutor thing. He also said who can help you the most in this context.

"Wow, thanks, mom. I will make sure to thank Dad too." I say dryly, my anger getting the best of me.

I am furious at Liam for even bringing up this topic to Ellie. I don't need his suggestions and his concern if it means putting up my best friend to talk me into accepting Aaron's offer.

"Cmon!" Ellie insists, "He is worried about you and your marks!"

"I don't need you two conspiring against me."

"How are we conspiring? I am sorry if you think Liam crossed his boundaries-"

"Damn right he did!" I interject.

"Calm down and think about his offer. Stop being so dramatic." Ellie chides and I fall back into my place.

I open my mouth to say something, but shushes me, "I am sorry Lex, but we thought about what's best for you, now answer these questions, okay?"

I nod.

"Do you need a tutor?"

"Yes."

"Do you desperately need a tutor?"

I mutter another yes.

"Do you want to be tutored by anyone except Liam or Aaron?"

"I want to be tutored by Liam, but now, I have to be tutored by Aaron."

"You don't want to take your dad's money, so do you have enough money to pay for a tutor?"

I bite my lips and look down. She has got a point there, I will absolutely not take dad's money and let him pester me for a month about how I need him to function so that he can gloat about it. 

My dad's rich; I am not.

"There must be some other way." As soon as I say this, I know there isn't.

"Aaron is a really great student, and you have him in a position where he has to help you. You don't even have to pay him."

"But he's so obnoxious and annoying," I whine.

Ellie tilts her head to the side and regards me, "Is he really annoying or does he just gets on your nerve?"

"Same thing."

"No, it's not. You hate Aaron because he is immune to your sarcasm and knife-sharp tongue. He's one of the few people who aren't offended by it and that aggravates you."

"You are not offended by it and I am not mad at you." I point out.

"No, because you need me."

Elli glances at the clock and shoots up, "It's late, I have to go and think about the offer okay? Think rationally, not by your biased opinion of him."

"It's not biased, it's the truth."

Ellie sighs, "He is not as bad as you think, he's pretty fun actually. Think about it."

"But-"

I don't even get to finish my sentence before Ellie flies out of the door with a wave of her hand.

_______________________________________

Hey I hope you enjoyed it! Please don't forget to vote and comment and let me know how you like it!