CHAPTER 41

(A/N: hear the song ;) )

Aaron

Today is a blood red lipstick and it's fucking with my head.

We're off the road of I-90W and there's nothing for miles here except the dull hum of 2 AM cicadas and dry summer leaves and broken highway signs. The only vehicles I can find around us are eight wheeler transportation busses and trucks, crossing states. I don't know how far we are from home but I could live under this night sky forever.

"Your hands are so big Richards, is everything else big too?"

Lexie is drunk. And I am not talking stumbling on high heels, puking all over herself and then some more drunk. She's wild drunk. Ellie said she never puked while hung over so there's that but every time I look at her, my heart falls out of its chest.

Currently, she's spinning bare feet in front of me, her heels are in my hand and her hair is a golden mess, looking like liquid sunshine in this road. Her red dress is sticking to her and there's a light sheen of sweat on her neck, and I can't take my eyes off of her, of the dress sticking to her in all the right places, of her shut eyes and her giggling mouth; there's no way out of her.

Her eyes are glassy and she's looking up at me with a goofy smile on her face and suddenly she's gripping onto me, with her heels in my hands. Her hair is a mess of tangles and curls spilling over her shoulders and I never want this night to end and I want her to be sober enough to remember when I am telling her how beautiful she looks under the pale moon light, even though it's not a full moon and we are not even under a streetlight, but it's so bright in her eyes it's blinding.

Drunk Lexie is also a very horny Lexie.

"Tell me golden boy," she winks at me, clutching the front of my shirt, for balance, "Are you really that big everywhere?"

I am not breathing right now, because I am sure if I breathe this is all going to vanish in front of me and I don't want this dream to end, not now not ever.

"Why don't you find that out yourself, Alexis?"

She shivers at my emphasis of her name and the action sends a tingle down my spine. I can hear the Ellie's faint laughter from down the street, to a dimly lit gas station to buy something. I don't know what it is because I stopped listening to whatever they were saying after I heard that I will be alone with Lexie. All my logical nerve endings fried up at that.

"I am afraid if I do it," Lexie drags a finger down the front of my shirt, "You'll lose it."

As if I wasn't already. I wrap an arm around her waist, twist and back her up until she's pressed up against the car door and there are mere millimetres from our faces, "I think you don't know me that well then."

"I am pretty sure I do."

"If you did, you'd know exactly what riles me up," my voice comes out more breath than sound but her eyes are going hooded and dark.

"Oh yeah? What is it Aaron?"

She forces out my name with a roll of her tongue and before she can come up with another one of her snippy remarks, I press my lips against her. The kiss is soft and gentle, and her lips are warm, pulling me in. This is not like most of our kisses where there's a frenzy riding both of us into oblivion.

This one is slow, deliberate. I snake my other arm up, cupping her neck, my fingers tangling in her silky blonde waves and she leans into my palm. Lexie tastes very strongly of vodka but also that distinctive Lexie taste, like cherries. It probably has more to do with her lipsticks than anything else.

At the back of mind I am sending countless prayers to whichever God that listens to keep Logan and Ellie at bay, to keep them stuck wherever they are, because if I let go of Lexie now, I am pretty sure I won't survive it and I need to. I need all of her, all of my Lexie so I can tattoo this kiss for the rest of my life and a few more after that too. I need to live so I can kiss her like this all my life, I need to live so I can live for these kisses, I need to live so I can kiss her so carelessly with this exact wild abandonment with her hands all over me.

I am the first one to break apart but as soon as I do, I want to kiss her all over again. I am breathing heavily against her and she has her head on my chest, shaking from the aftermath.

"Take me on that date," Her voice comes out muffled and I don't think I heard her clearly.

I grab her by the shoulders, "What?"

"Take me on that date Richards. Or are you bored of me by now?" Lexie says teasingly, poking her tongue out at me.

"Never," I whisper, "Never."

I don't know what caused her change of mind. Last I knew, she was happy with keeping everything under wraps, and not telling anyone. Did something happen? Is she messing with me? I don't even know if she will remember this once she sobers up, what if she's just saying this because she's drunk? Is this a prank?

I want to take her on that date so badly but I also don't want to be played. But all I know is that I am so tired of living in what ifs, for once I want to live in definitelys; and if this is all she gives, it's more than enough for me.

"You really want to go out with me?"

"Yes."

"Will you remember this tomorrow?"

"I am not hammered, Aaron."

"Fine, then I'm glad Lexie."

_______________________________________

My reads are increasing by a 100 everyday and I'm so glad all of you like this book so much to show this amount of love to it🥺
When I first published it, I didn't even expect a 100 reads because I was so insecure about my writing, now here we are with 20k+ and none of this would've been possible without you.

Ilysm and please vote and share and comment and also suggest ship names for Aaron and Alexis!

Twitter-angstyherondale
Instagram- angstyherondale612