CHAPTER 12

Alexis

"Your taste in music is bomb," Will informs me as soon as the opening beats of Rae Sremmurd's Powerglide comes on and there's a loud cheer coming from the dance floor.

I do a dramatic hair flip, "I am the bomb."

"You kinda are," Will grins, "Blowing up shit everywhere you go."

Hunter woots and high fives him, as they swallow another swig of their beers. They both won't even let me have one drop of their beer. Yes I drank their whole drinks when I was thirsty and hyped up. Big deal.

"Ugh where's Ellie?" I groan.

"Stop acting like a petulant child." Jade chides and it hits a nerve in me.

"Stop acting like such a bitch," I say indifferently as I make a show of checking out my nails.

I hate Jade, always have, ever since she left me out in the road to die. Freshmen year, my car broke down in the middle of nowhere, in the freezing snow and when I called her to pick me up, she told she was stuck in an urgent family meeting when later I found out she was at some sorority party doing shots off of some frat boy's abs. Should have choked on his chest hair. I had to wait in the cold for three freaking hours before Ellie could come.

I was stealthy as a cat as I was walking out of my dorm room, but yet, that skunk noticed me like a predator notices a prey. She took one look at my clothes- which is fabulous by the way, she can only wish of dressing up like me- and guessed where I was going, and announced that she was coming too. Fucking Leech, sucking out all the fun from the party.

I begged Ellie to give me a reason to tell her that she can't come, but Ellie being Ellie decided that we cannot leave a fellow maiden from indulging in our happiness, so that she may have a delightful share as well. Stupid Ellie and her stupid heart of gold. And I don't even want to remember the way she deliberately dressed in a Walmart Halloween costume what happened to the girl who always wore ripped jeans and lacey tops?

The worst part? it didn't even take a minute for her to sink her leech claws on Aaron.

"You know people would like you a lot more if you ran your mouth less."

"I think her mouth runs perfectly fine," Aaron interrupts before I can show her exactly who she's talking to, "But let me take you to dance floor before you two rip out each other's faces."

Jade jumps at the idea of finally putting her skeleton hands all over Aaron and I swear I am about to explode this very second. Jade takes the lead and I let her go before I yank at Aaron's arm and dig my nails in his skin.

Aaron yelps at the pain and hisses in my face, "Save the scratching for the bedroom, blondie."

"Do not sleep with her," I say through gritted teeth.

Aaron flicks an eyebrow at me and smirks, "Watch me." He removes my hand roughly and hits me with a what-are-you-gonna-do-about-it look before he disappears towards the dance floor.

Will quietly slides the beer bottle to me before smirking and going off to chew some blonde's face off.

"Thought you didn't like him." Hunter raises an eyebrow and I take a huge gulp of the beer in front of me.

"I don't." I take another gulp, "I just hate Jade."

"Yeah don't bullshit me wildcat, I saw the way you were looking at him."

"Let's go dance." So I don't have to respond to that ridiculous statement. I pull at Hunter's arms but he pries me off.

"Not a chance, I have no interest in being the pawn in your sexual tension game."