CHAPTER 39

A/N: I added a song which I feel like goes so well with the chapter! I'm excited about this one so please let me know how you feel <3

Alexis

"I can't believe you played the rich girl card."

"It was not for you, it was for charity," I wrap my arms around Aaron's middle and give him a squeeze hard enough to get him to yelp.

"The charity it helped the most is you, mi amor," Aaron makes a kissy face and slug his face away.

"You're not that important."

"Yet you paid 200 dollars for me."

"Look it's a win-win situation," I hastily move a strand of air from my face, "I get you and people get the help they need."

"You're possessive," Aaron mutters.

"I am not letting Jade have you."

"I wasn't even talking about her, besides I am not interested in her," He shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly.

"Not your type?" I ask as innocently as possible.

"Yes, my type is blondes with long legs and a snappy mouth."

"You're lucky you have me," I say haughtily. I said it with a playful tone but his eyes soften distinctly and small smile plays on his lips and it's so different from his usual sunshine-y smile, which is blinding. This smile is softer, like it's a secret he shared just with me. My heart leaps in my chest, and I look away from him.

It's been an hour since their show ended and Aaron and Logan are here. I'd say the others too, but they're fulfilling their 'duties' and when I look around, I can see Nate laughing with a beer in his hand, with a brunette freshmen I haven't seen around the campus much. I spot Dean squinting at something Emily from Thermal physics, is showing him and it looks like she's about to burst apart any second now from the laughter she's holding back.

All of them have showered and changed but I am electrifyingly alert of only the man standing beside me; I am enveloped in the tangy orange and soap of Aaron and his hair is sticking out messily but it also looks hot in the way only Aaron can make it look hot, in the way only a rose smells the way it smells, in the way only the ocean can drown you like it does.

I'd say it's a shame that he is out of his fire-engine red trunks but he has navy dress pants on with a black shirt rolled up to his sleeves and if I thought he looked edible on stage, he looks like a three course meal now. I also asked him about the oil. No, no one forced him to do it. Yes, he liked it. Yes, he wasn't brainwashed or manipulated to do it. Yes, he is completely aware of the sexual message it sends. No, he won't do it for me again.

But all things aside, he looks so beautiful it hurts my chest and my eyes and my hands, it hurts to not touch him, to have him near me, to sense him near me, because he looks like he's crafted by love.

I spot Ellie and Logan huddled together on our table, Logan looking at her tenderly while she is animatedly chatting to him. The look in his eyes sends a pang through my heart and I look up at Aaron, with his one arm wrapped around my waist and the other scrolling through his phone.

I think about the boyfriend thing that I blurted out earlier and I wonder what two month earlier Lexie would've thought about it. She would've smacked me in the head for even entertaining this idea, but now when I look at Aaron, I am pretty sure it isn't just secret jokes on the human skeleton, on his squeaky but soft bed, or marking epilogues of random books we found on second hand bookstores, or making out under the two am night sky when every sound is an echo or a footstep or someone whispering, anymore. It's so much more and I am scared.