CHAPTER 50

Alexis

"Can't you just hand me the notes later?" I beg Liam.

"Alexis, sit and take the notes yourself."

"I don't want to be here," I feel squirmy and I think there might be a pebble inside my shoe because something is poking my feet. Or maybe it's just Satan poking the entrances of hell for breaking a perfectly good heart.

Two. Two hearts.

"Well then you shouldn't have broken up with him," Liam says curtly.

I hang my head low and continue turning on my laptop. I hate not telling Liam why I had to end things with Aaron but more than that, I hate that Liam thinks I am some stupid airhead who only wanted Aaron to prove some point. I mean, I know he doesn't really think like that and he's just mad at me for ruining a perfectly good relationship, but I don't know how to tell him.

I already wish I hadn't told Ellie and Hunter because all they do is look at me like twelve of my cats all died at once and I might just start doing necromancy to bring them back to life any second now. I am grateful for their concern, but it just gets a little too heavy sometimes. I don't constantly want to be reminded of how I lost the best thing that was happening to me because of my evil father. Geez, Disney, hire me.

"Liam, I feel equally terrible about it, even more so," I sigh.

Liam opens his mouth to say something, but then closes it again, then turns towards me and I sit straighter for the verbal blow he is about to unleash, "Tell me something Alexis, if you didn't want it to end, and if you love him so much, why did you do it? What went on through your head, what is going on through your head right now?!"

The words are at the back of my throat and I almost choke on it trying to tell him. An image of Ellie holding me while I am on the floor crying swims up behind my eyelids and I gold myself. Anger is better than pity and the constant 'you should tell Aaron'.

I steel my expression and get up and leave for two rows in front of me. The class is about to begin and there are no empty seats besides two near the wall. Not surprisingly, Liam doesn't call out my name or tell the red-haired girl that she can't sit over there because the seat is occupied. Guess he really is very mad.

I drop my bag and laptop on the table with a thump and lay my head down, wrapping it with my arms. For minutes I hear the slow chatter and the buzz that accompanies the calm before the class starts. Someone in front of me is telling how he has diarrhoea. Yes today Satan, of course why not, at this point I might just smell farts so I don't have to cry.

God I want to cry so bad. I squeeze my eyes shut tighter and take a deep breath. Aaron's eyes pop up in my vision and and I release a shaky breath. Here's hoping my mascara is waterproof today because I feel a tear drop pool around my eyes. I cant do this, I cant sit here right now and not talk to him. I miss him, I miss him so much it's slowly starting to ache. It hurts everywhere and I want, I want-

I don't know what I want, all I know is that I miss him and I need him around me and every fibre of my being hurts from being so far away from him; it's like we're intertwined in a way and being away from him is tugging at the strings and everything is going to snap and fall apart right this second.

"Class is about to start, stop sleeping."

I jerk up at the voice and stifle a gasp, "A-Aaron?"

His eyes are very green, "Class is about to start," He softens his harsh tone a bit, and then with a bobbing throat says, "There's um...were you crying?"

"What are you doing here?" I ask in disbelief. This has to be a joke from the Universe.

"This was the only seat left and we need to talk. Why were you crying?"