Part 12

Haiya everyone!! Sorry it's taken so long for me to update haha 😅 After Christmas I've just been drawing and stuff——thank you for your patience and for all the support!! Today I woke up to 33 notifications and I was like "Wowie :o" anyway on with the story!!!

———————————————————————————

The teasing finally came to an end to Sofia and Hugo's Relief. However—-they were a little awkward at the moment...could you blame them though? They almost kissed!! It was a spur of the moment thing and though they both had feelings for each other the other didn't know that——or atleast in Sofia's Case.

Hugo dreaded the fact James had walked in at such a moment...if it weren't for him—-he and Sofia would probably be together by now...though he knew he shouldn't be complaining since he should tell Sofia himself—-it would've been so much easier if they had just kissed first!

It was going to be an embarrassing yet romantic moment—-and it was all interrupted...

"Alright everyone! Time for Fencing!!" Elena exclaimed, snapping Hugo out of his little mental rant.

Sofia was the first to jump up excitedly. Avalor was known for many things, and one of them, was Fencing. "Yes!" She squealed excitedly.

"Hey Sof—" Hugo started but he was interrupted by James...again.

"Yo Sofia! Let's fence against each other first!!" James challenged.

"You're on!!" Sofia giggled running ahead with James towards the Garden where they'd be fencing.

Hugo let out an exasperated sigh. 'Really James? again?' He thought.

Desmond let out a soft laugh. "Girl trouble?" He asked.

Hugo groaned. "Not exactly—-its complicated."

"I wasn't going to ask Sofia but——now I'm curious, what happened out there? Aside from you being shirtless." Desmond asked on their way to the garden.

"Ermm Well..." Hugo started scratching the back of his neck.

"Hey! Don't leave me out, I want the Deets too!" Isabell said catching up to the two boys.

"Now you've got to tell us." Desmond laughed.

"Yea it's so obvious something else happened!" Isabell said giving Hugo a nudge.

Hugo sighed. "Okay—-the truth is we uh..."

"You what?" Desmond prodded.

"Okay so um—-Sofía walked in on me shirtless and offered to get me a shirt...but as she was leaving I kind of..." He trailed off.

Isabell gasped, "did you kiss her?!" She whispered-yelled.

"What?! No! I mean we almost—-I mean no no no that's not——" Hugo panicked waving his hands in the air as his face turned a bright pink.

Desmond and Isabells eyes widened.

"You guys almost kissed?" Desmond asked.

"Why didn't you go through with it?!" Isabell pressured.

"I- I mean I would've b-but" Hugo said flustered.

"So she didn't want to go through with it?" Desmond asked.

"No—-well I don't know—-" Hugo started. He didn't want to tell them he overheard her talking about how she liked him...

"So then why—-?" Isabell asked Dumbfounded

"James walked in..." he sighed exasperatedly

"Ooooh" Desmond and Isabell said in unison.

"So that's why you've been glaring at James for the past half hour." Isabell giggled.

"I guess you really wanted that kiss huh" Desmond lightly teased.

Hugo pouted "yea..."

Isabell and Desmond burst out laughing. They finally made it to the garden to find Sofia and James had already changed into Fencing clothes and were already going at it.

They were both really good—-though Sofia was lighter and slightly quicker on her feet while James focused on his strength a little more and tried to push her back. They were both very smart and nimble though.

"You're both doing amazing!!" Elena praised as Gabe led Desmond and Hugo to change into fencing clothes.

The Jaquins stayed to watch and sat on the sidelines with Lucas.

When the boys came back from changing they made it just in time to see Sofia beat James.

"You guys were still going at it?!" Desmond said shocked.

"We were pretty evenly matched." James laughed.

Sofia wiped sweat from her forehead "nice one James!" She and James did a little hand shake and fist bump thing before retreating to rest and drink some water.

"Alright since Isa is sitting this one out, how about whoever wins this round goes against Sofia?" Gabe suggested.

"I'm up for it!" Sofia said after drinking water.

"Can't Hugo just go against her already...?" Desmond tried to reason.

"Nonsense! Give yourself a little credit Desmond! I'm sure you'll do great!" Elena Encouraged.

"Oh alright..." Desmond sighed in defeat.

"You've got this you two!!" Sofia cheered as the two got ready to spar.

In the end Hugo did end up winning——but Desmond lasted longer than he thought he would've so he was slightly proud. If this had been a real battle he told himself he would've used his own strengths to win.

"Alright, let's take a 10 minute break and then it's Sofia Vs Hugo!" Gabe announced. It seemed he was just as invested in the sparring as the Teens were.

T.B.C

Sorry it's a little short...I'll try to update soon!!