Part 13

Happy New Years Everyone!! Sorry for not posting sooner, I've been having a lazy day today -w-. Not much motivation today since New Years wasn't as exciting...spent the day Quarantining more than usual cause a family member tested positive for Covid...I don't have any symptoms though so all's good! ^^ Just gotta be a little more careful! (And don't worry the fam is feeling slightly better..)

Now...on with the first chapter of 2021!!!
———————————————————————————

"That was great!!" Sofia chirped as Hugo came to sit next to her.

"Thanks. You were amazing out there too!" Hugo complimented.

Sofia giggled "nah I wasn't all that great, I almost lost so many times..."

"Are you kidding? You had me on my toes!" James pointed out. "I'm one of the best over at Chivalry Hall——and you beat me!"

Hugo pouted again, he looked away as to not glare at James—-meanwhile he could hear Isa and Dez silently giggling near by.

"Honestly—-I'm regretting that I suggested you go to CSS..." James said a mischievous look on his face.

"You are?" Sofia asked.

"Yea I mean—-If you went to Chivalry—-you'd be amazing!!! You'd probably be the best girl there! Back in RFA you were really good at Jousting too!!" James said.

"Nope, No way!" Hugo shouted.

Sofia was caught off guard by his sudden outburst.

Hugo grabbed Sofia pulling her close so her back was against his chest. "Sofia's going to CSS with me." He growled.

Sofia blushed but she couldn't help but giggle—-Hugo was so cute when he was Jealous!!

James grinned "i dunno she'd make a really great Guard if ya ask me—— hey maybe she could even be a guard for you in Welshire!"

"I'd rather her be my Que—-I mean my Derby partner at CSS!" He stammered—hoping no one caught that.

James smirked. "Last I remember you quit The Derby." He said exposing the Prince.

Sofia tensed up moving away from Hugo. "You quit the derby?!" She asked in disbelief.

"It's not like that Sof—-" he started.

"Alright time for the final match!" Gabe exclaimed before Hugo could explain fully.

Hugo mentally face palmed himself—-this was getting so frustrating!! Why couldn't he just get a moment alone with Sofia?!

"Explain later, let's go." Sofia said (in a not mad tone)

They both bowed and got into positions to spar. Sofía was the first to attack—-though she was nimble and quick on her feet, Hugo was too.

It didn't last as long as the match against James but it was interesting indeed. Hugo ended up winning as he caught Sofia off guard, though she fell backwards onto the ground...

"Sof are you okay?!" He asked worriedly.

Sofia nodded "I'm fine—-don't worry." She mentally sighed. She was just now noticing how much Hugo worried over her...she wasn't some weak damsel in distress...he just made her really nervous sometimes...

Hugo held out his hand to help her up but to his disappointment, Sofia didn't take it.

"I'm fine really!" She said dusting herself off. "Great match Hugo." She said holding out her hand for him to shake.