Part 3 ✨

The three Royals made their way up the many flights of stairs walking up to Sofia's room. "Soooo who's gonna knock?" James asked looking expectantly at Hugo.

"I'll do it!" Isabell said knocking on the door. She looked at Hugo confused when he stiffened. Suddenly they heard the clink of high heels as Sofia made her way to the door.

James grabbed Isabells arm pulling her away from Sofia's door and running around the corner so the only one standing at Sofia's door would be Hugo.

"Wha-" Hugo started as he looked from James and Isa and Sofia's door trying to decide what he should do. He managed to gain his composure and put on a cool facade just as Sofia started turning the door knob.

Isabell looked at James confused until he motioned for her to be quiet. She nodded then realizing they were holding hands. She blushed turning away from James who wasn't really paying attention at the moment.

Hugo meanwhile could feel his heart beating, he was so nervous! Once this door opened, he wouldn't see a small bright young kid anymore. Sofia was 16 now, she was a teenager!

He could only imagine how beautiful she had become. But what would she think of him? Sure a lot of girls liked him and he was really popular at his school but Sofia had probably met a lot of more attractive princes who were going to become kings some day.

The door slowly began to open, it felt like an eternity. Once the door was all the way open Hugo lay eyes on the most beautiful girl he had ever seen...she had grown much taller but of course he was still taller than her by quite a bit.

Her hair was now about halfway down her back but it still had its wavy features. Her blue eyes shimmered in the darkness illuminating everything around her. Her body changed drastically——she had curves in all the right places and there was so much more to admire but he dared not look any longer.

Sofia's eyes widened when she saw the tall handsome young man in front of her. His hair was messier than she remembered but it was natural and cute.

Even while wearing a long sleeve you could tell he had become much more muscular, his dark green eyes filled with Adventure and excitement but also warmth and life caused her to be lost in them momentarily. He had become so much taller and handsomer than she remembered but of course that went without saying; she had expected nothing less.

"Hugo?" She asked softly reaching out her hand and resting it on his cheek as if trying to confirm that it was him who was standing in front of her.

"Hey Sof..." he murmured, gently placing his hand on top of hers as he smiled down at her with Joy. He hadn't known how much he missed her until this very moment, the warmth of her hand was enough to send electricity through every one of his veins urging him to hold her and never let go again. 

Sofia's lips quivered and she pulled her hand away making Hugo frown for a split second before she lunged herself at him wrapping her arms around his shoulders and hugging him tightly. "Hugo!!" She shouted happily.

Hugo was in shock but he quickly wrapped his arms around her and spun her around both of them laughing joyfully. When he finally set her down his hands still rested on her waist and hers on his shoulders.

"It's been so long—-god you look so grown up!!" Sofia chirped.

"You too." He said smiling gently at her. There was so much he wanted to tell her—-how beautiful she was, how much he missed her—-he even wanted to boast about achievements he had made just to impress her.

"So you're the special guest?" Sofia asked "what are you going here? I mean I'm glad you're here I missed you a lot it's just..."

At this point they had let go of each other but still stood close to each other wishing that the moment could've lasted forever.

"I'm not sure to be honest with you." He said scratching the back of his neck "I'm not the only one though, Axel, Desmond and some other princess came along with their parents and stuff." He explained.

Sofia nodded "I'm sorry I didn't greet you at the door I sort of got lost in my thoughts." She said laughing nervously. There was no way she was telling him the reason she hadn't greeted him at the door was because she was busy thinking about him.

"It's alright Sof, it was funner to surprise you at your door." He said winking at her.

Sofia Giggled punching him softly in the arm.  "I will admit I was shocked but it was a nice surprise..." she said softly.

The two stood there for a while longer in a comfortable silence just enjoying each others company and getting lost in one another's eyes. It felt like such a short while before they had to look away...