Part 14

With the others...

Hugo had barely come to, immediately be worried over Sofia and was intent on going after her when he found out she was searching for the Cubs—-but before he could Nico came bursting out of the bushes, the three bear Cubs following quick behind him.

"Quick! Sofía needs help!!" Nico panted.

"My Cubs!" The bear roared though no one could understand her as she ran over and nuzzled her children.

"What happened to her?! Where is she??" Hugo demanded.

James and Hugo were the first to stand up both worried for Sofia.

"She—-She used her amulet to change into a wolf to distract the hunter but—-she got captured!" Nico panted.

"Wait—-she did what now?" James and Hugo said in unison.

"Oh—-do you not know?" Asked Desmond.

"Know what?" Hugo asked.

"Sofías amulet grants her special powers." Elena exclaimed.

Hugo and James looked shocked—-why did everyone but them know?!

"Right now isn't the time to be shocked, we have a princess to save!" Skylar reminded.

"Right!" Everyone got back onto a Jaquin and headed for the Hunters Cabin.

Meanwhile back with Sofia...

Sofia growled at the hunter as he laughed. "Haha aren't ya a pretty little enchanted wolf!" He cackled.

"You're gonna make me tons of money aren't ya girly!" The old hunter laughed. "Yer not seen often round here—-I'm sure someone will pay lots for a purple wolf with pretty blue eyes!"

Sofia huffed. 'Please hurry Nico...'

Suddenly a knock was heard at the Hunters door. Sofía perked up. Was that them?

The hunter groaned and went over to open the door—-to find 2 Playful Jaquins messing around. "Haha! Today is my lucky day ain't it!" The hunter exclaimed, grabbing his nets and running after them leaving the door wide open.

Sofía scratched at the cage trying to get the hatch open and escape—-she then heard footsteps and tensed up—-was the hunter back already?!

The one to walk in wasn't the Hunter—-it was Hugo! "Sofía?" He asked looking around.

His eyes landed on the cage holding the gorgeous purple wolf. "Sof is that you?!" He asked running over and opening the cage.

Sofía stepped out and transformed back to her normal self. "Hugo!!" She exclaimed jumping into his arms.

Hugo hugged her so tight—-he never wanted to let go again. "Sof—-I'm so so so sorry!" He said.

"Hugo—-" Sofía started.

"No please—-just hear me out." He pleaded.

Sofía just nodded silently.

"I'm so sorry I snapped at you—-I was just—-frustrated." He mumbled. "Please forgive me."

"Hugo don't-" Sofia started again.

"No no—I'm not done yet." He murmured burying his face into the crook of her neck making her blush.

"I know you're probably mad—-about me quitting the derby, I know it's special to you because—-that's how we became friends but—-just let me explain." He whispered.

"I only quit because I wanted to focus on Ice dancing for a while...besides it was really meaningless without you as my partner..." he laughed.

Sofia's eyes widened at his words—-her face was a crimson red and she had a tornado of butterflies in her stomach.

"Oh Hugo...I was never mad." She sighed. "I was a little shocked but—-not mad..." she murmured.

"B-but you didn't let me help you up a-and" Hugo started pulling away from her and looking into her sky blue eyes.

Sofía rested her hand on his face, caressing his cheek gently. "Hugo. You've been worrying a lot about me lately yknow?" She said smiling gently. "I'm not a damsel in distress. I'm not weak." She looked into his beautiful green orbs as his lips quivered.

"I'm sorry Sof—-I don't think you're weak at all! You're the strongest person I know, I mean it. It's just I-I can't help but worry about you. I never want to see you hurt—-because I-I" Hugo was going to do it. He was going to tell her at this very moment. He was going to tell her he loved her.

"Yo what's the hold up?!" James asked poking his head into the cabin.

Sofía and Hugo quickly separated once again.

"Sorry! We're coming!" Sofía stammered, a flushed look on her face.

'Damnit James!!' Hugo thought triggered. 💢

They all got back onto their Jaquins and flew off escaping the Hunter once and for all.

They returned to the castle since it was getting late and readied for dinner.

Sofía couldn't stop thinking about her moment with Hugo, what was he going to say? She sighed as she dreamed of being held in his arms once again...

Meanwhile Hugo lay in his room angrily muttering to himself about how much he wanted to kill James—-why James—-every single time.

Though James had no idea that he had walked in on them so many times and was the reason they weren't together already... 💧