Part 18

Later that night, around 5 a.m King Roland, King Garrick and Axel arrived to retrieve Sofia,Hugo,Desmond and James and bring them home. Isabel had come to and felt much better, she had stayed by James' side taking care of Sofia. Hugo and Sofia were also feeling better, Mateo was able to speed up the healing process for everyone so they were all just resting from the trauma.

"I am SO sorry!" Elena apologized to the royals.

"There is no need to apologize Elena." King Roland reassured her. " It was merely an accident, it could've happened in anyone's kingdom." He empathized. "Besides, Sofia has a knack for getting into trouble—-" He teased.

"It's really not my fault." Sofia pouted, crossing her arms and sending a playful glare at her father.

"Dad does have a point though..." James chuckled.

"I guess It just runs in Royal blood." Gabe said, putting his arm around Elena. "I know a Queen and a Princess who were always running around getting into danger."

"That doesn't make sense Sofia Isn't—-" Axel started but he was punched in the gut by his brother AND James.

"Don't you finish that sentence." They both growled in unison, glaring daggers at the insensitive prince.

The others sweat dropped at the two prince's aggressiveness. Isabel tried not to laugh in the background and tease Sofia about Hugo. Meanwhile Axel lay on the ground clutching onto his stomach as he groaned in pain. "sorry sorry——geez. It would've been less painful if only one of you punched me" He wheezed.

"It's alright, I don't mind." Sofia giggled.

"Yea, see big bro. She doesn't mind us punching you for being insensitive." Hugo sneered cracking his knuckles.

"Th-That's not what I—-" Sofia started.

"Shhhh let us do this Sof." James queried, also cracking his knuckles.

"Now now, lets not rough your brother and future brother in law." King Garrick said to them.

Hugo's face heated up and assuming he wasn't talking about Amber Sofia's did too, Axel took the distraction to get up and walk away from James and Hugo as well.

"Ah that reminds me! Have any of you made any progress with choosing your fiancé's?" King Rolland inquired.

"I haven't really looked at my List..." Sofia confessed.

"Neither have I." Isabel and Hugo both said in unison, laughing when they realized it.

"I've sort of got an Idea of who I want..." Desmond mumbled.

"Well, atleast two of you here know or have an Idea of who you want to marry." Elena chirped.

"The rest of you better get choosing, this is a big Decision." King Garrick warned, raising a single finger.

"That's why we should've been given more than ONE week." Sofia muttered.

"Nah, One week is plenty of time!" Axel laughed, shooting a glance at Hugo.

"I dunno...I have a feeling at least one person is gonna need more than a week..." Sofia laughed nervously, looking over at James. She knew he'd have trouble choosing between Clio, Isabel and...Vivian. Personally she didn't care who he chose, all three of them were amazing! Amber on the other hand was clearly team Clio—-Sofia just hoped James made the right choice. The one HE wanted. Though she wasn't too worried, James wasn't really a pushover when it came to Amber.

"Hey!" James complained, puffing up his cheeks.

Isabel and Sofia started giggling. "Hopefully we'll be able to decide soon" Isabell laughed.

Everyone laughed. "Okay, Okay, enough of the teasing. We should get going now, Tomorrow is Monday, and everyone's first day of school!" King Rolland exclaimed.

James yawned, "Yea and it's like 5 a.m, We're gonna make it barely on time to get ready." He said rubbing his eyes.

"You're leaving already?" Lucas yawned, walking into the room while rubbing his eye with one hand and holding a small red blankie in the other.

"Sofi Sofi!" Azul chirped, bounding over to the princess to be picked up.

"I'm sorry, but we have to leave now." She said softly, picking up Azul and then kneeling down on the ground and ruffling Lucas' hair comfortingly. "We'll see each other again soon though!" She chirped.

"Promise?" Lucas asked sleepily.

"Pinkie Promise." Sofia whispered, holding out her pinkie for and locking it with Lucas' finger.

"Y'know, she'd make a great mother~" Axel whispered to Hugo.

Hugo ignored his brother, smiling as he watched how Gentle and Kind she was with the young children. He could swear he heard his Father chuckle though——did he say "I'll have Grandkids in a few years"?! His Face heated up at his Father's comment but he quickly composed himself and returned to watching Sofia as she led Azul and Lucas back to bed.

When Sofia returned, it was time to leave. They all said their goodbyes and made their way onto the Royal Ship, The boys shared a room to sleep in while Sofia, being the only girl got her own room. King Roland and King Garrick both got their own rooms as well.

While alone, Sofia was visited by a few sea creatures who wished to say Hi through her window, a few of them saw that Longing look in her eyes and asked her questions. In the end she told them about Hugo, and how he was the only thing she could think about ever since he said he loved her—-though it was indirectly. They swam beside the ship each critter shouting out their opinion or advice for her. Some ended up squabbling over whether he was worthy or not, Sofia just enjoyed the company though.

"Hey princess why don't you come down for a swim to get your mind off it?" A Dolphin asked.

Sofia smiled her face lighting up at the idea. "That sounds great!" She chirped running to lock her door—-and just in case made it look like she was sleeping in bed. She then climbed onto her window crawling so she was sitting with her feet dangling over the water. "I wish to be a mermaid." She murmured, beginning to glow as she transformed into a Mermaid—-she then jumped off into the water giggling as the salty waters submerged her down under. She swam off with a few dolphins, making sure not to stray too far from the boat as she played with them.