Part 35

Haha.. I'm not even going to make promises to ya'll anymore ToT I feel so bad for not updating in almost 2 years lol... you'd think this fic would be done after 4 years of being started..

_____

All the preparations were completed as discretely as possible. Welshire's Elite Squadron was summoned and immediately prepared to commence Sofias plan, they were led by none other than Axel.

As agreed upon Sofia was escorted to the stables by Hugo and two other knights. They were all understandably on alert, their eyes darting around, their forms flinching or bracing themselves each time they heard an unfamiliar noise. Upon entry the Guards quickly closed the stable doors isolating any outsiders from those inside.

Sofia swiftly scanned the stalls, feeling an overwhelming relief to see her precious stallion safely situated inside one of them and contentedly snacking on some hay.

"Blitz!" She sighed, making her way over to him with Hugo close behind her.

"Sofia!" Blitz whinnied, his ears perking up as he heard her voice. He stretched his neck out of the stall meeting Sofias hands as she reached over to pet him.

"I'm so glad you're safe" Sofia said warmly.

"I should be the one saying that!" The stallion snorted, showing discontent by stomping his hoof.

"What's he saying?" Hugo asked, watching the Stallion curiously, he still wasn't used to the whole thing about Sofia talking to animals.

"He was worried about me." Sofia smiled, reaching over and scratching behind the stallions ears comfortingly.

"Of course I was!" Blitz huffed, although to Hugo it sounded like a snort of course.

" Blitz, what happened out there? Why did you fly all the way here from Enchancia?" she asked.

"I'm sorry, it was my fault..." Blitz whinnied, his ears pinning back.

"I'm sure that's not—"

"It is! I was tricked!"

"Tricked? By who?"

"At the barn, a weird cat approached me and starting asking me questions about you! I was so happy to finally have a respectable and kind rider that I told him all about you...I fell right into his trap." Blitz lowered his head sadly.

"The cat? What did he want to know about me?" Sofia asked, gently running her hands through his mane.

"He asked me if you could understand me..I didn't think much of it because most animals around already know you can speak to us—but then he asked about your pendant. I answered without thinking and when I realized something was off it was too late. The cat—he turned into a scaly beast! A wyvern! No! A Dragon! It was a Dragon!" Blitz stomped his hooves again.

"What's he saying now?" Hugo inquired again, noticing the stallions riled up demeanor.

"He says a Dragon tricked him into telling it about me.." Sofia said, as she continued to try and calm Blitz.

" A Dragon? Why would a Dragon come after you?" Hugo asked.

"I think it has to do with my pendant.." Sofia sighed.

"Right, that's the reason you can use magic right?"

Sofia nodded.

"I'm sorry princess..." Blitz whinnied.

"It's not your fault Blitz, you couldn't have known. Besides, you flew all the way here to protect me, thank you." Sofia spoke gently.

Blitz seemed to relax knowing that he didn't let her down, he reached over and nuzzled her gently earning a giggle from the brunette.