FIVE. last ones standing

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It was the second and final day of the competition and East was less nervous than she was yesterday, thanks to Richelle. She had spent all night and the morning before the competition practicing her best moves and trying out new ones too. Now her fate was in the universe's hands.

The members from The Next Step and Elite, those already on the Internationals team and those who had yet to perform, were gathered in Studio A as the competition set sail. The first to battle were two Elite dancers, Mackenzie and Shantel. Shantel won that battle and honestly, even though she was a great dancer, she intimidated East a bit. Next was Jen, an Elite dancer, and Chloe. East wasn't surprised with the outcome of that battle, which was Chloe winning, because Chloe was a great dancer.

After them was Nick, another Elite dancer, and Thalia. Thankfully, Thalia did do a better solo which was another win for The Next Step. The next duo was to battle was an Elite dancer and a TNS dancer — Tess and Amanda. East heard a lot about Tess (not a nice person!) and she knew that she and Amanda were friends when Amanda was at Elite, so their battle was interesting to watch. In the end, Amanda's solo was stronger and she won and even managed to make Tess run off in shame.

Battling next were two Elite dancers, Sam and Aubrey. East had heard about Sam from West as his friends and she heard he was a great contemporary and hip-hop dancer. Aubrey, however, didn't sound or look familiar. Maybe she was new to the team. Either way, it was just going to result in another Elite member joining TNS. The end of that competition resulted in Sam winning and Aubrey leaving with a loss.

This just left two dancers from both teams. Daniel and Amber from Elite and Giselle and East from The Next Step. East prayed that she wouldn't have to dance against Daniel or Giselle. Giselle was a good friend of West, so East was close to her like many of West's friends, and she was an amazing dancer. So was Daniel, except he was a known traitor to The Next Step.

Sam approached Phoebe and picked out a name from the hat. "East."

Cheers and applauds erupted from TNS dancers as East made her way over to Phoebe. Honestly, she was nervous, but she wasn't going to show it in front of everyone.

She put her hand in the hat and picked out a name. "Amber."

. . .

After an hour, everyone came back to Studio A. East made her way to the center of the room, and got on her back in an arched position. This was it. It was now or never. Whatever the outcome was going to be, she was just going to give it her all like she always did.

The start of Fire echoed through the speakers and East began her floor work. The beginning of the song was slow and light, so that's how she began to dance as she started with a helicopter roll. She rose from her toes as the song progressed, going into her contemporary combo. After all, it was her strongest and favorite style. As the song heightened, East forgot all about her nerves and now she was just dancing for the thrill of it. As the song entered its chorus, she did her eight counts of pirouettes before leaping into a tour jeté, hearing cheers coming from TNS dancers. Hearing people enjoying her performance only made her dancer better. She threw in a few aerials and give a little attitude to spice up the dance. As the song came to a close, East ended her solo by doing a leg hold.