THREE. no going back

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The two studios were separated on either side of Studio A — The Next Step stood on one side before the office in their own little groups and Elite stood on the opposite side of them in their small groups, while Miss Kate, Phoebe, and Lucien were in the office. The competition was about to start and after seeing Elite's performance, East was starting to have second thoughts. She knew Elite was good, but she didn't know they were that good. Despite her nervousness, East tried to remain confident, because she was a good dancer and today, she was going to prove it.

Talking with Giselle, Thalia, Amanda, and Richelle did help calm East's nerves down. They were just chatting about the competition and looking over to their rival studio now and again. Everyone went quiet all at once as the three adults finally entered the room filled with nervous teenagers.

"Alright, you guys. It's time for the competition," Miss Kate said. The dancers in the room dispersed from their small groups, with Elite standing by the wall and The Next Step sitting on the blocks. "All the names have been placed in the hat."

East stood next to Noah as she watched Phoebe put her hand in the bat. There were 26 names and it could go either way — Elite vs. Elite, Elite vs. The Next Step and, the worst one East hoped she wouldn't encounter, The Next Step vs. The Next Step.

Phoebe pulled the name out and showed it to Kate and Lucien before saying, "Hunter."

East applauded Hunter along with the rest of the TNS dancers. She hoped that Hunter would beat whoever he was facing. Just like James and Eldon, Hunter grew to be a brother figure to East because he was best friends with West.

Hunter put his hand in the hat and pulled out a paper. He opened it to see the name and his face dropped as he read it. "Eldon."

Obviously, the Elite dancers were pleased with the results, letting out their own chuckles and applauding. The Next Step dancers weren't as they were about to lose their first dancer. Eldon reluctantly made his way over to Hunter and East could tell that both boys were devastated. She remembered hearing West say how Eldon and Hunter did not like each other at all during the previous dance season. But now they were best friends and now they had to go head to head.

"Alright, you guys have an hour to rehearse," Miss Kate explained, "and then we'll come back and compete."

. . .

The dancers from The Next Step and Elite entered Studio A, making their way to take their places to watch the first battle. East sat on a block with Richelle as everyone else took their strays. The only two standing were Eldon and Hunter, two friends, two bros, who were about to face off each other. East couldn't imagine being in either of their positions. If she had to dance off against West, Noah, or Richelle, it would kill her.