SEVENTY-TWO. alive

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Regionals looked like a dream come true to East. Yes, she had been to Internationals, but walking into the Absolute Dance Regionals building with her team, a team where she was dance captain with her best friend, was a phenomenal sensation. She had a feeling that this Regionals would be one to remember.

"Our first Regionals as co-captains," Noah said to East as the two walked side by side, following behind their team. Everyone was dressed in their blue TNS tracksuits, looking as professional as ever. "You ready, partner?"

"Honestly, a part of me is kinda nervous. It's my first competition since my injury," East responded, letting out a small sigh. Her injury always haunted her at the back of her head because it was one of her biggest setbacks as a dancer. She had so much control over it and she couldn't even prevent it. "But a larger part of me knows we can make it through and maybe even win, but I don't wanna get too ahead of myself. I believe in our team."

"Same here. We've rehearsed a lot and grown a lot in such a short amount of time. We can do this. And hey, you're gonna be okay."

"Thanks, Noah. I don't know what I'd do without you."

The two friends shared a smile, though Noah's was more forced and nervous than East's genuine and relieved one. He had big news to tell her, but he wasn't sure how she would handle this change... He'd have to tell her after Regionals, not now. So, the two captains rejoined their friends who were buzzing with the same amount of energy they had.

"Hey, all the studios are up on the scoreboard already," Finn pointed out, gesturing to the scoreboard. There were many teams East didn't recognize but the one that made her blood boil was Miss Angela's Encore Dance Studio. God, she disliked that woman.

"And we all have zero points," Piper followed after.

"Except for Miss Angela's Studio, Encore," Richelle bitterly pointed out. Encore was already ahead with five points, so this was gonna be a tough competition. But East had the utmost faith in her team.

"It doesn't matter guys. The competition hasn't even started yet. We can still catch up," East assured her team.

. . .

The first round of the competition was the hip-hop round. East stood on the side of the wings with her team. She, Jacquie, Kenzie, Henry, Finn, and Noah was dressed in full makeup and cameo outfits for their hip-hop routine. Encore was currently performing and they were actually... really good. Every studio that had to perform was excellent as a matter of fact and it was clear that this was the senior advanced division. East didn't even get a chance to perform at Regionals last year and the caliber was so high... But that wasn't going to stop her. Instead, she was going to turn her nerves into a drive. She had to.