SEVENTY-SEVEN. you're a mean one, miss grinch

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

As the A-Troupers were dealing with their own Christmas dilemmas, Piper was having a dilemma of her own. All she wanted to do was take a quick power nap in the locker room, recharge and get over her teammates forgetting her in their secret Santa and wash away the feeling of loneliness she'd been suffocating in. However, her mind had other plans.

Many parts of the galaxy had yet to be discovered by scientists, so the phenomenon of a parallel universe could exist, right? Well, in Piper's dreams, they do. She had woken up to the same studio she called her second home, but everything had changed. Thanks to her fairy... named Fairy (who looked exactly like Giselle), Piper had learned that her mind wandered to a parallel universe where she hadn't joined The Next Step.

Fairy said this was to show Piper how much of an impact she had on the studio and its dancers, and Piper was hesitant to believe this. Fairy showed her that The Next Step was owned by Miss Angela and A-Troupe was under her reign, they had lost their passion and love for dance, Lily was A-Troupe's dance captain, Michelle and Emily were working at Shakes and Ladders, Amy left The Next Step for Gemini Dance Studio, Richelle was demoted to A-Troupe, James worked as a janitor in the studio, Riley was unhappily dating Alfie, and Alfie was a businessman who was going to turn The Next Step into a luxury hotel.

Piper had to ravel her mind around this new world without her, but before that, Fairy had to show her one final change that occurred if she hadn't joined The Next Step. Piper and Fairy stood by the entryway of Studio 1's office, finding East there with Miss Angela. The girl was no longer part of A-Troupe. Weirdly, she was painting Miss Angela's nails while the woman had a green face mask on and cucumbers on her eyelids. She looked relaxed as ever while East, dressed in a dull grey dress, looked tired as ever. How did Piper affect East's life?

"Why's East painting Miss Angela's nails?" Piper asked Fairy in confusion. "Why isn't she on A-Troupe? Or dance captain?"

"Well, with you not being at The Next Step, East and Noah had to give up their dance captaincy to Lily. Miss Angela didn't stop there. She thought certain dancers were outshining Lily, so she planned to bring Richelle, East, Jacquie, and Noah down to B-Troupe," Fairy explained. Piper listened as she watched East miserably paint Miss Angela's nails. "Noah and Jacquie left when they heard that, but Richelle got put into B-Troupe. East, however, was given a different position. Miss Angela didn't want to see her dance at all and wanted to crush East's fighting dancer spirit, so she made her a personal assistant. East didn't want to leave the studio, so she took it."

"I can't believe it. She looks so miserable. East is always happy at The Next Step."

"She gave up her dance captaincy to save you. You and I both know she sees you as a sister."