EIGHTY-TWO. another one bites the dust

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

You know what East loved about being a dancer? Audition day! The nerves and pressure were the biggest cons if she had to admit it, but witnessing so much talent in one room filled the little dancer's heart inside of East.

Today, B-Troupers and dancers from all around were auditioning for the two alternate spots on A-Troupe. East was shocked when Emily and Nick informed her of this until Emily revealed that it was all Nick's idea. She knew Emily all too well, knowing that the woman never favored alternates. East thought it was a good idea, especially with The Next Step's history of dancers leaving or getting injured at the last minute. A safety net was always needed.

Summer, Kenzie, and Richelle would be assisting with the auditions today. Why? Well, Nick had more than one idea and since he owned the studio, Emily reluctantly agreed. By the end of the auditions, either Summer, Richelle, or Kenzie would be named choreographer of A-Troupe. East didn't think it was a bad idea, but she didn't think it was necessary. A-Troupe had been surviving without choreographers since Phoebe's departure. But since Michelle left and she was the most skillful and trained dancer at The Next Step, Nick thought it was necessary. East just hoped it wouldn't cause too much drama, especially since Richelle and Summer are competing against each other.

East had been walking around the room, weaving between the dancers that were stretching and preparing themselves for the auditions. Some she recognized from B-Troupe, but there were a bunch of fresh faces. She was keen on seeing how the day would play out.

"Oh, East!" Nick began calling her, gesturing for her to come over to him and Emily. East approach the two, sending them both polite smiles. "I just wanted to remind you to not tell Richelle, Kenzie, and Summer about the position for choreographer."

"Oh, wait, they don't know?" East asked, shocked at the revelation.

"No, because apparently, a surprise is better than letting them remain confused, lost, and jumping to other possible reasons as to why they're helping with the auditions today," Emily said in a deadpanned tone. Obviously, Nick had been draining her to the core. "Because that's going to result in a smooth outcome."

"Uh-huh," East mustered out. Working with both Nick and Emily was hard. There was Nick, who was like a British golden retriever, and then there was Emily, who was the grumpy cat. They were like Tom and Jerry, and unfortunately, East was in the middle. "Okay. I guess I won't say anything then."

Nick clasped his hands with a smile. "Perfect."

East pursed her lips in annoyance, but she didn't say anything else as Emily took the floor and got everyone's attention, beginning the audition process. East moved over to the sides, standing with Summer, Kenzie, and Richelle.