FORTY. right here, right now

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

A lot could happen over nine months. People all over the world either took their first breaths or let out their last ones. People celebrated many occasions, like marriages, birthdays, anniversaries. And for East North, a lot occurred in the nine months after The Next Step lost the Absolute Dance Regionals competition. East never minded change. Change brought excitement, new challenges, life learning lessons. However, when a huge one hit her, she wasn't quite satisfied with it.

It was a change to not be able to dance for six months. It was a change to rely on the support of crutches to walk, to rely on others just to do daily tasks. It was a change not going to The Next Step, a place she called her second home because she couldn't dance. However, nine months had passed since The Next Step's loss at Regionals, since East injured herself. Those changes were mere memories now because today was a new day filled with opportunities for East North.

Because today was the day for The Next Step's A-Troupe auditions.

A variety of dancers entered the new studio where the auditions were going to be held in, Studio 1, and amongst them was East. As everyone around gasped at the sight of the new studio and went around the room, joining their friends, East took a moment to grasp the studio in front of her.

Studio 1 was the new studio Miss Kate had put in place a few months after TNS' loss. She wanted a change and East noted it. The studio was bright, dancing with light colors of blue, purple, and pink. Two barres stood in the middle of it while the office was located near the entrance. It was smaller than Studio A, but East thought it was nice. However, she preferred Studio A. It just felt like home. It felt warm and held memories of the great times she had. This Studio, although glowing with a vibe of new chances, couldn't help but remind East of something... It reminded her of someone.

Pulling the girl out of her spellbinding thoughts was the feeling of two warm hands shaking her back a bit. East glanced over to her side and the sight of a familiar blonde caused a smile to grow on her.

"Hey, you seem a bit lost there," Richelle pointed out, her concern for her girlfriend was evident. "You okay?"

"I really hate hearing that question, you know," East responded with a sigh, earning an apologetic smile from Richelle. As much as East appreciated everyone's concern, hearing the words 'are you okay' while she was restrained from doing anything was annoying. "I'm fine. Just a bit nervous about today."

"There's nothing to be nervous about, bub. Next to me, you're almost the best dancer here."

"Well, that was motivating," East deadpanned.

"You know I'm teasing. East, you're a great dancer and you're gonna make A-Troupe," Richelle assured her, rubbing her shoulder a bit. "Plus, look around you. This new studio is the perfect thing to get us back on track. I mean, it's amazing, isn't it?"