EIGHTY-FOUR. all of the lights

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The spring rains from outside hit hard on The Next Step building, but it didn't slow down the dancers in Studio A. Their evening rehearsal was almost coming to an end as they were touching up the final pieces of their routine. There was one flaw in the routine that East (as well as everyone) noticed—Henry.

She thought Summer had talked with Henry about his position in the dance being at stake and had gone over the choreo with him. With the mistakes he was making, it seemed like the new A-Troupe choreographer hadn't done so.

Another bang of thunder followed by a flash of lightning caught the A-Troupers off-guard, as the lights in the studio began flickering. It seemed like the storm was getting worse outside. Hopefully, Nick would arrive soon so they could showcase their routine and leave before the weather got worse.

"Uhm, okay, from the top," Summer anxiously began. "5, 6, 7, 8—"

"Again?" Kenzie questioned in disbelief. "I think I have the choreo down. Doing it again isn't going to help anything." She was right. Everyone had the choreo down, except one person, and everyone but that one person was getting burnt out. "How about we take a 10-minute break?"

"Yeah, I agree with Kenzie. I could definitely use a break," Lily said.

"Me too," Kai voiced. "Plus, I need to pee badly and I've been holding it for a while. Studio A won't look pretty with urine on it."

"TMI, dude," East said as the rest grimaced, and she began walking to Summer's side. "Okay, a break sounds good. Why don't we—" East cut herself off with a loud shriek as her back bumped into a wet figure behind her. Her friends jumped at her sudden reaction. Holding her chest while she heavily breathed, she turned around and found a soaked Nick. "You know there's a storm outside."

Nick pursed his lips. "I'm aware, East."

"Are you okay?" Summer asked.

"Yeah, it's just raining a lot and..." As Nick spoke, he shook the water off his broken umbrella, "This blasted umbrella only lasted me two seconds."

"You're from London. Shouldn't you be used to the rain by now?" East questioned. Her teammates chuckled and she held up a part of Nick's broken umbrella. "Or, at least, prepared for it?"

With a frown, Nick snatched his defeated umbrella. East rose her arms in surrender and took a small step back.

"How's, uh..." Nick began in a hushed tone toward East and Summer. "How's Henry doing?"