FIFTY-ONE. world famous

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The past was in the past and East knew she couldn't dwell on it. She couldn't focus on the argument she and Richelle had but instead look to the future as best as she could. She was dance co-captain of The Next Step's A-Troupe and she had to show that she meant business. The Next Step had to focus on the qualifier video, which was why Emily and Michelle brought Daniel and West in to choreograph it.

"It's time to get serious about the Regionals video," Daniel said to the dancers gathered before him and West. "We're kind of in a time crunch and it has to be spectacular."

"For sure," West agreed. "So Daniel and I put our heads together and we have some ideas."

"Yeah. So after discussing with our new dance co-captains, East and Noah, there's going to be a small group section, and the dancers we've selected are Ozzy, Kingston, Kai, Josh, and Amy."

Everyone applauded the selected dancers who cheered in delight.

"Yes, and there'll also be a female hip-hop solo," West added.

"Because apparently contemporary isn't great enough," Daniel piped in.

"Well, you know, hip-hop is just more exciting."

"Is it though? Is it really?"

"It really is. I think so."

"Uh, guys?" East called the attention of the co-choreographers while the rest of the team wore amused smiles at their bickering. "We're still in the room, you know."

"Right, right," West spoke, getting back to the matter at hand. "So since we have so many amazing female hip-hop dancers—"

"Who are great at contemporary also," Daniel couldn't help but add. East held in her chuckle, sharing an amused smile with Noah.

"It was hard to choose just one," West continued. "So with that being said, I choreographed a little dance for the audition." West and Daniel didn't tell East or Noah about this, so she was curious to know who they'd pick. "And who we'd like to audition are Jacquie, East, Richelle, and Zara."

Everyone applauded for the dancers chosen. East was happy she was chosen. She always thought of herself as a strong hip-hop dancer and now she knew she was right. However, she had some great competition going against her.

. . .

For the auditions, Daniel and West wanted the girls to dress up in a street style. East was dressed in a purple tank top and grey ripped jeans with grey sneakers and a checkered black and white flannel tied around her waist. She, Jacquie, Zara, and Richelle were in Studio A, rehearsing the choreography West and Daniel had taught them. East had no idea who could get the solo. She was a good hip-hop dancer, but so were Jacquie, Richelle, and Zara.

As the girls continued rehearsing, Richelle suddenly corrected Zara, "Zara, why are you marking it? Go full out." East furrowed her brows a bit. It wasn't like Richelle to just randomly give critic, especially during an audition. Maybe East was overthinking it, but Richelle then gave Jacquie critic when she performed a move. "What was that Jacquie?" Jacquie ignored Richelle and continued dancing. East thought it was weird, but she let it slide. She continued rehearsing the routine and as she did an aerial, Richelle was quick to speak. "East—"

"East, what?" East interjected as she threw the girl an annoyed look.

Richelle shrugged. "I was just gonna tell you that your shoelaces are untied."

East scoffed. "Oh, please, I'm not that..." She stopped herself as her eyes went to her feet, seeing that her laces were untied. Richelle raised an eyebrow and East forced a smile. "Thanks."

"Mhmm."

Daniel and West arrived after a few minutes, causing the girls to stop rehearsing and turn their attention to them.

"Alright. You guys ready?" West asked the four girls who responded with nods.

"Great," said Daniel. "Take it away."

Richelle, Jacquie, East, and Zara got into their starting positions for the quartet they had been rehearsing. World Famous began playing, prompting the girls to start their hip-hop routine. East tried to show her confidence while she danced, whether it was her individual section or dancing in sync with her teammates. Slowly, though, she found herself not faking her confidence and it was shining through her. She was having a great time doing this choreography. It was upbeat and funky and she missed doing these types of dance styles. Getting the solo would be awesome. It would be like the universe was giving her a second chance at doing a hip-hop dance since she didn't get to perform in her hip-hop small group last year at Regionals.

Daniel and West applauded the girls as they finished. The four girls, though feeling a bit breathless, gave Daniel and West grateful smiles.

"Wow, that was incredible," Daniel commended the dancers.

"That was amazing," West said. "You guys really gave us a lot to think about."

"Yeah, we have a hard decision to make, so we will go chat and we'll let you know soon."

When Daniel and West said they had a hard decision to make and a lot to think about, they weren't kidding. From the moment they left the girls and entered the office until now, neither of them had come out. It looked like they were still chatting and it was killing East. It was clear she wasn't the only one who felt this way, as Zara, Jacquie, and Richelle looked a bit nervous too. Finally, the two choreographers stepped out of the office and onto the dance floor, approaching the four girls.

"Well, you all danced wonderfully, but there was one dancer that stood out head and shoulders above the rest," Daniel informed the girls as he and West stood before them. "And that dancer is... Zara."

Although feeling a bit disappointed, East applauded Zara along with West, Daniel, and Jacquie. Sure, she wasn't thrilled that she didn't get the hip-hop solo, but she saw this as an opportunity to work harder. She and Jacquie congratulated Zara with hugs because, in the end, she truly did do the best. West and Daniel have East and Jacquie hugs too, assuring them that they danced well and East was thankful for that. However, there was one person who was too pleased about the whole situation — Richelle.

. . .

east and richelle are the female version of west and daniel

i just wanted to write this episode because i loved the world famous dance so sorry if this chapter is bad

please don't be a ghost reader :(
vote, comment & share!💓