EIGHTY. michelle's greatest hits

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

For years, The Next Step was a second home to East North, so coming back to it from the winter break was like coming home to a warm and welcoming hug. With Nationals coming up, this dance season would be one to remember. However, today was a special day that wasn't related to Nationals. For their first day back, the A-Troupers were planning a party — A farewell surprise party for Michelle.

"Does anyone know where the rest of the pink streamers are?" Richelle asked her teammates.

The whole studio had been transformed into a perfect farewell party with a pink and white theme — Michelle's branded colors. There was a table filled with party snacks, a banner that had 'Farewell Michelle' on it, and some costumes Michelle wore during her iconic routines at The Next Step; pink balloons and streamers hung around and, sticking out of place, were the few posters of Richelle's face.

"Check the boxes," Summer told the girl. While Richelle did so, Summer walked over to the food table where East, Ozzy, and Kai stood. "Ozzy, Kai, don't eat the food!"

East widened her eyes and glanced down at the boys. Both of them held wide eyes while their mouths were stuffed with cupcakes and pink frosting coated their lips.

"You guys!" The dancer with black braids expressed her disbelief. "I just put those there. Do you know how long it took me to make those cupcakes and ice them?"

"The same amount of time it took for us to eat them?" Ozzy answered through his stuffed mouth, and East threw him a glare. "No?"

"No."

Richelle approached the group, looking annoyed as last time. "Guys, we've run out of decorations. We need more pink stat."

"Okay, Ozzy and Kai, take Kingston with you and check for decorations in the music room. I think I saw a box or two there," East informed the boys. "That way, I can put the rest of the platters here and you guys don't eat the rest of the party."

"Do we get a say in this?" Kai timidly asked.

"No," Richelle answered. "Now go."

With a frown, the three boys left. East left the food table and headed over to the bench by the cubbies, where two more platters sat. She was about to grab them when someone caught her side view.

"Michelle!" East exclaimed her name with a poor attempt at hiding her alarmed tone. Everyone else in the studio began to grow alarmed at the blonde's sudden presence because she couldn't see the surprise party they planned for her—hence the surprise. East was quick on her feet and approached Michelle. She grabbed the blonde's shoulders and turned her to face the entrance, ignoring her baffled reaction and squeezing her right in a side hug. "Michelle! So good to see you. I'm gonna miss seeing you walking through those doors."