FIFTY. when the war is over

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"Alright, guys. Today is the first day of the new A-Troupe!" Emily announced to The Next Step's A-Troupers gathered before her and Michelle.

"That's right!" Michelle said. The dancers applauded in delight. East was so happy that TNS East and TNS West were over because everyone being on the same team just felt right.

"And now that we're one team, we need a dance captain. But moving forward, Michelle and I have decided that we need one unified voice."

"We'll be holding a vote later today for the best dancer that you think will be the best leader for our team."

East thought that Richelle and Piper would make great captains together, but it seemed as Emily and Michelle only wanted one. This was going to be a tough decision.

. . .

Right now, East, Kai, Noah, Zara, Jacquie, Kingston, and Josh were in Studio 1, having a blast as they freestyled and did some tricks to A-Side. East loved the vibe in the room and the smile on her face didn't fade as she danced with her teammates. It felt so good to have the teams united as one. Interrupting their freestyle session were Richelle and Lola who stepped into the studio.

"Everyone, can we get your attention?" Lola spoke up. Everyone stopped what they were doing and gathered before the two blondes. East had a feeling this would be about the dance captain vote. "So, Richelle would like to tell you what you'll get if you vote for her to be dance captain."

Entering Studio 1 next was Piper and Henry, the former standing next to her competitor and giving her a small smile.

"Richelle," Piper said.

Richelle faked a smile. "Hi."

"Piper, you're just in time to hear about great things Richelle is gonna do for the studio," Lola added.

Richelle stepped forward to present her campaign. "Under my reign, TNS will get back to glory. We are on our way back to Regionals, people, and we need a dance captain that can keep us all on the right track. Together, we'll be champions."

In response, everyone applauded Richelle. She delivered a good speech, but Piper wasn't gonna go down without a fight.

"Well, I have a different philosophy," Piper voiced, gaining everyone's attention as she stepped forward. "I'm going to be inclusive. Everyone's voices will be heard and everyone's skills will be highlighted. Also, if you need someone to talk to about dance or anything else, you can talk to me."