SIXTY-SEVEN. game of survival

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

It was a little early when East arrived at Studio A. Michelle and Emily called for the A-Troupers to gather in the studio for an announcement, but East came in a bit earlier than usual. She expected to find the dance floor empty, but her hunch was wrong upon spotting a dancer there — Ozzy. He was dancing to no music, wearing a frown on his face while his movements were lazy and floppy.

From where East stood by the cubbies, Ozzy looked upset. It was weird to see him without his usual goofy grin, cracking jokes here and there, and jumping about. It was rare to see him down in the dumps, so East wondered what was up. As the boy finished his dance, falling on the floor and flopping on his back, East decided to walk up to him.

"Hey, Oz," East greeted the boy who remained laying on the floor.

"Hey, East," Ozzy blankly replied.

"What's up?"

"The ceiling above us."

"Seriously, are you okay?"

"Yeah. Why are you asking?"

"Well, I just watched you do the saddest dance known to mankind and you didn't even call me 'Eastie' when you greeted me."

"You said you hated that nickname."

"I didn't say I hated it, but I'm willing to make an exception for you," East informed him as she sat down beside Ozzy's body. "Ozzy, talk to me."

"Look, you're a great dance co-cap to care, but I'm fine," Ozzy tried assuring her.

"I'm not asking as your dance co-cap. I'm asking as your friend. What's wrong?"

Sighing, Ozzy sat up and turned to his friend. "Well, I'm really upset that I didn't get picked for any of the Regionals dances, but something else is weighing on my chest." East gave him a nod to continue. "It's about a friend, but I can't say who or what it's about. I promised to keep it a secret... But this friend of mine, he's doing something bad that's benefiting him but it's going to hurt the people around him and also him too. I don't know if I should tell someone and end this, or stay quiet and let this continue."

East remained silent as she thought about what Ozzy said. She had no idea who he was referring to, but she wasn't going to ask. It was Ozzy's business and it was important to him for this to stay a secret.

"If I were you and your friend was my friend, I would tell someone to prevent it from worsening," East said.

"But if I do that, he's gonna hate me," Ozzy admitted.