FIFTY-NINE. drama club

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

East was more than happy to be back wearing her normal dance attire of a dark green tank and her black sweatpants. It was nice to see everyone else back in their normal attire, bringing color to the team once again. The A-Troupers were currently stretching on the floor as they anxiously waited for Miss Kate's meeting with Michelle and Emily to finish. Since Miss Angela was gone, Miss Kate needed a new studio head and A-Troupe hoped that after everything, she'd reconsider Michelle and Emily.

The team sent Kai and Ozzy on a recon mission to eavesdrop and find out what was happening. The two boys hurried back to their teammates who gathered before them, eager to hear the news.

"So we heard sorry," Ozzy began listing. "We heard new direction."

"And we heard dance detention," Kai added, earning confused looks from the A-Troupers. Yeah, maybe it was a bad idea to send both Kai and Ozzy.

"Do you mean dance convention?" Noah asked.

"It was definitely dance detention," Ozzy confirmed.

"And you two definitely need to see an otolaryngologist," East joked, earning perplexed frowns from Kai and Ozzy. "An ear doctor."

Whatever Kai and Ozzy said didn't matter, because the minute Miss Kate stepped out of the office with Michelle and Emily, everyone went silent. While Miss Kate headed out of the studio, Emily and Michelle approached the dancers. East wished she could read their minds because from looking at their faces, she got nothing.

Finally, Michelle and Emily broke into smiles as they exclaimed, "We're back!"

The dancers erupted in cheers as they all happily hugged Emily and Michelle. East was so happy that the two were back as studio heads because everything felt right again.

. . .

With Michelle and Emily back as co-studio heads came with a lot of announcements. First off, the two reinstated East and Noah back as dance co-captains which they were both thrilled about. Secondly, Emily and Michelle wanted to get to know the newbies, Summer, Kenzie, and Finn, better. Third came the line placement announcement for the Regionals dance. And last, a certain A-Trouper was making her return today.

It was clear everyone was thinking about the line placements as they were stretching. East was too. She had no idea where she'd be placed. She was aiming for the front row, but she was usually placed in the middle in the past. She just hoped she didn't get back row. No one wanted back row. Something else at the corner of her eye took her mind off of the line placements. Walking into Studio A was the familiar figure of Piper with a timid look on her face. East, however, grew a huge smile on her face upon seeing Piper.