SIXTY-FIVE. we're all in this together

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

At the start of today's rehearsals, East and Noah began working on the twelve-person dance for Regionals and it was amazing so far. Even though The Next Step didn't win the solo competition at the convention, they still had to keep their eye on Regionals. Just because they hit a bumpy road, didn't mean that all hope was lost. East still believed that The Next Step could win Regionals and with the amount of work A-Troupe was putting in during their rehearsals, she did not doubt this.

During A-Troupe's break, Emily and Michelle called East and Noah in for a meeting. The two studio heads usually didn't do this during the day and instead at the end of the day or the beginning of the day, but East assumed they wanted to have a quick word with her and Noah. However, so far she, Noah, Emily, and Michelle had been sitting in the office in complete silence. To say this was uncomfortable was an understatement for East. She didn't know why, but Emily, Michelle, and Noah all looked on edge.

"How long are we going to sit here in silence for?" East broke the silence as she raised a question.

"Right. Uhm, we have something important to tell you, East," Michelle began.

"All of you?" East inquired, glancing over at Noah who nodded. Weird. Michelle and Emily always delivered important news to East and Noah when the two were together since they were co-captains. Suddenly, East didn't have a good feeling about this meeting. "Oh, so it's bad news then."

"What makes you think it's bad news?"

"Well, you all look just like my parents did when they told me my hamster died, so..."

"Anyways." Emily cleared her throat, wanting to get back on track. "East, as you know, Noah turned 18."

"Yeah." East nodded, holding a confused frown. "Wait, are you guys upset you weren't invited to the surprise party?" She assumed, gesturing to Emily and Michelle. The two blondes were about to deny this, but East continued talking. "I'm so sorry. I thought about including you guys, but Jacquie thought it'd be weird since you're the studio heads. But I thought it wouldn't since you guys are close to Noah, but considering the convention and how busy it was, Jacquie and I decided not to. But hey, next time. I'm turning 18 next year, so I promise you guys will be invited to the surprise party I hope to have."

Emily, Michelle, and Noah all stared at East, not knowing exactly how to reply to her comment.

"Actually, that's not what this is about," Noah informed his friend.

"Oh." East's former confusion returned. "Then what is this about?"

"Because Noah turned 18, the team will have to compete in the senior advanced division of Regionals," Emily explained. East's eyes almost popped out of her socket as shock hit her. The senior advanced division? A-Troupe didn't even win Regionals last year. Now they had to compete in the senior advanced division because of one dancer's age? "Or we could stay in our division without Noah."