THIRTY-THREE. secrets

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

East would say that her favorite part about the road to Regionals (apart from finally becoming Richelle's official girlfriend) was befriending Henry. From the moment she met him, East knew that Henry was unique. There was no one she had met like him. He was wise, yet had out-of-the-ordinary thoughts and ideas. And right now, East was experiencing one of Henry's unique ideas with the boy in question as well as Kai.

The three sat around one of the tables in the lounge, headphones on them. However, they weren't listening to music. Instead, they were listening to the conversation Amanda, who sat on the couch opposite the trio, was having on her phone with Noah. Henry had taught Kai this technique because the former was training to be a private investigator (and had inspired Kai to do the same), and East found herself joining in the boys' antics.

Amanda was oblivious to the fact that the three could hear her. From the way they were bopping their heads, she thought they were listening to music. East wished she was listening to music instead of Amanda's conversation with Noah. The girl kept throwing in pet name's every two seconds and... Yeah, it was annoying and disgusting. East glanced to the boys every few seconds, seeing that they too held irritated looks at how Amanda was talking to Noah. She was just happy she and Richelle weren't this annoying of a couple.

Finally, Amanda ended the call. East released a sigh of relief while Henry and Kai glanced over to Amanda, letting out laughs. The girl in question noticed the responses of the three and widened her eyes, her cheeks flushing in embarrassment.

"Barf!" Henry remarked.

"That was the worst ten minutes of my life," Kai voiced as he, Henry, and East stood up.

"You guys heard all of that?" Amanda questioned in shock.

"We heard everything," Henry confirmed.

"Unfortunately," muttered East.

"That's so embarrassing," Amanda said.

"How do you think we felt?" Kai rhetorically asked.

"I thought it was cute," East tried assuring her.

"Really?" Amanda inquired, sounding a bit relieved.

"No."

Amanda sighed. "I thought you guys were listening to music?"

"You see, people think a lot of things," Henry responded. "These old headphones we're all wearing?" Henry gestured to his pair as he took his off while Kai and East did the same. "I have them that way I can listen to people's conversations without knowing."