FORTY-EIGHT. under pressure

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

( WARNING: This chapter contains descriptions of panic/anxiety attacks. If you are sensitive to this topic, please read at your own risk. )

The next day at rehearsals, Emily had the dancers of TNS East start at the barres. As annoyed as East was about Elliot, she knew there was nothing to do about it. Everyone adored him and was blinded by his talent. Well, everyone except Kai who was just jealous Elliot got a lot of attention.

"If we are gonna win Regionals, everything we do has to be perfect," Emily stated to the dancers. "So we're gonna do it again and everyone just keep an eye on Elliot. Looking good."

East rolled her eyes at Emily's comment. She wished she could yell out how terrible Elliot was, but that would create conflict and she hated conflict. Emily turned the music back on and the team continued with their warmups on the barres. Emily walked around, giving her dancers critics. However, what caused her and the dancers to stop was the sound of the music stopping. East furrowed her brows, finding Michelle was the one who stopped the music. The blonde looked pretty mad as she approached Emily.

"Emily," Michelle spoke.

"Michelle," Emily replied, sounding more confused than annoyed.

"You're not going to Regionals. Elliot has disqualified all of you."

East's face fell, confusion and worry taking over her. What was Michelle talking about? Elliot disqualified them all? What did that mean? Unfortunately, she couldn't raise any of these questions because Emily, Michelle, and Elliot went into Emily's office. The door was closed, so none of the dancers could hear what they were talking about as they remained by the barres. East found her attention going from the conversation taking place in Emily's office to a familiar blonde who suddenly pulled her aside.

"What did you do?" Richelle immediately questioned East, looking angry as ever.

"As far as I know, nothing," East said in her defense, confused as to why Richelle was so pissed off.

"Elliot said you confronted him yesterday and tried to cause drama for no reason. And now, he's sucked into a problem. Coincidence?"

"I didn't do anything. He called West a sloppy choreographer and the rest of TNS West terrible dancers. I wasn't going to stand there and listen to him talk badly about my brother and my friends."

"So, you stick up for the enemy but cause drama with your teammate?"

"The enemy?" East repeated in a tone of disbelief. By now, all the A-Troupers were attentive to the argument taking place. "Okay, you're being dramatic, Richelle."