SEVENTY-ONE. escape room

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Shakes and Ladders held the A-Troupers of The Next Step, who were spread around the café because Michelle and Emily called the team there for a last-minute meeting. East sat on the purple couch with Summer, Piper, and Kenzie, and the girls were merely discussing a dance reality show that Kenzie was hooked on — Dancemania. East wasn't a fan of reality shows, but she always enjoyed talking with her friends.

Breaking all the conversations was an odd green envelope sliding under the door and into the café. Silence hit the group and none of them approached the envelope until Noah moved forward. He picked it up from the ground and opened up the envelope. Pulling out a letter from the envelope, he read it.

"It's from Emily and Michelle," Noah revealed. "This is an escape room."

While looks of confusion and disbelief were thrown around the room, a wide grin spread on East's face.

"Yes!" The curly-haired dancer cheered, gaining perplexed looks from her friends. Her grin turned into a sheepish smile. "I like escape rooms. Sue me."

"Anyway... We're locked in here and we have to figure a way to get out."

"We're locked in here?" Piper repeated in shock.

Okay, considering the team's state and the current unstableness, maybe being locked in the same room together wasn't such a good idea... East hoped Emily and Michelle knew what they were doing.

"Yeah," Noah confirmed. Everyone gathered around him and he read the rest of the card. "Congratulations, you're locked in here tight. To be released, get the clue right."

"Find the choreo and I'll make you dance, or you're locked up 'til dawn. It's your only chance," East continued reading off the card which Noah handed to her. "You must do this together before the hour is through, so get down to business and find the first clue."

"So just spread out and start looking for something."

With that being said, everyone spread out around the café, aiming to look for anything that seemed like the first clue. East loved escape rooms but more importantly, she hoped that the teamwork that was usually involved in escape rooms would help rebuild the team spirit A-Troupe still had buried within them.

"Guys, I found something!" Kingston announced. Everyone crowded around the table where he set down a black briefcase that was locked by a combination lock.

"It looks like it needs a seven-digit combination code to open it," Henry said.

"Oh, so then try 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8," Finn suggested. "It's my email password."