THIRTY-ONE. the unparallels

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Everything in East's life had been going perfect, strange enough. Her relationship with Richelle was going better than she expected. Her friends, family, and fellow teammates knew about them and were so supportive and happy for them. Besides that, the qualifier small group competition was tomorrow and East was excited about it.

Her group's routine was already competition ready and everyone had been working so hard to make it perfect. Hopefully, it would be enough to get The Next Step back on track. The group was rehearsing their piece now in Studio A to the song The Unparallels. East loved the routine and the people she was dancing with. They were all amazing dancers so they really pushed her to dance her best.

In the middle of their dance, Riley suddenly stopped the music, gaining everyone's attention as they stopped dancing. "Sorry, can I just talk to you guys for a second?" At her request, the dancers gathered before Riley. "I just got an email from the Regionals board about the big twist for the next qualifier."

"And?" Alfie asked.

"Well, whichever team wins tomorrow gets to steal a dancer from another studio."

East's eyes almost popped out of her sockets, shock taking over her as she glanced at her teammates who wore the same expression. A team gets to steal another team's dancer? How was that even legal in the dance world?

After processing this new and shocking information, the dancers went back to work after a short break. Riley watched as they performed their routine again, throwing out any corrections or suggestions to the dancers. If they wanted to win the qualifier and not risk losing a fellow A-Trouper then their dance had to be perfect for tomorrow.

Interrupting the A-Troupers' rehearsal, however, was the arrival of four unexpected guests. "Nice routine."

East had just completed a synchronized releve with Amy and Richelle when she heard the unfamiliar voice. Her head turned to the source, causing much confusion and annoyance to come to her when she saw the same Gemini male twins. However, they weren't alone as female twins stood with them. She and her teammates got up from the floor and stood before their newest rivals with Riley standing in front.

"What are you doing here?" Riley asked the two sets of twins.

"We're just doing some window shopping," one of the male dancers said. "I'm wondering who we're gonna steal 'cause we're planning to win tomorrow and we wanna try figure out who we're gonna poach."

East grew shock. Honestly, she didn't think that a team would risk their chances at Regionals just to mess with another team, but it looked like the Geminis were bringing a whole lot of news to the table.