TWENTY-FOUR. take it to the top

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

In Studio A of The Next Step Dance Studio, the remaining members of A-Troupe's Internationals team were dancing to Take It to the Top and celebrating their Internationals win. Some of the dancers who were on the team had sadly said their goodbyes to A-Troupe and, ultimately, The Next Step. Sam had decided to pursue a degree in Fine Arts at university, Max also decided to go to university, Stephanie decided to pursue her acting career and move to Los Angeles, James decided to focus on his band, Thalia took an offer to dance in Poland, and Giselle was auditioning for a touring company.

Despite losing a few memorable members, the ecstatic energy the dancers let out throughout their routine failed to die. As their dance continued, East waited patiently for Noah to finish his solo section before he went to the side, prompting her to do her counts of chaînés before going into an aerial. For East North, her adrenaline hadn't vanished since The Next Step won Internationals. She still couldn't believe that she was part of the team that took home the Internationals title for the first time ever in TNS history. From everything she learned and experienced at Internationals, she was ready to keep her spot on A-Troupe and take on Regionals.

Finishing her contemporary solo, East did a split leap before she joined her teammates at the side while Cierra took the floor. Soon enough, the dancers came to the ending section of their choreography. As they ended their routine, Cierra, West, Michelle, East, Noah, Riley, Eldon, and Amanda posed in a line while Miss Kate applauded them.

"Nice job, guys," Miss Kate said as she approached them, while a heartbroken Eldon began making his way out. "Look, we have an open house tomorrow and we're expecting a lot of people to show up, so I need you all to represent the studio well."

"Where's Phoebe?" West asked.

"She's not here."

"Wait, she left?" East inquired in disbelief. Phoebe was one of her favorite choreographers at The Next Step, so she was upset to learn of her denture.

"Phoebe's gone off to the Galápagos Islands to swim with the turtles," Miss Kate explained her sister's departure, causing everyone to share amused looks. "Or walk with the tortoises." Miss Kate heaved a sigh before glancing to West. "Why don't you go see what's up with Eldon?"

"Okay," West agreed before he made his way out.

"Thanks, guys. Great job," Miss Kate dismissed the dancers. As Riley, Michelle and Amanda convened in their small group, East did the same with Noah and Cierra, stepping away from the group of girls.

"I still can't believe we're Internationals winning dancers," East expressed her remaining excitement to her friends who nodded in agreement. "Pinch me, I'm dreaming." At that, Noah raised his hand towards East's arm, attempting to pinch her. However, East quickly caught onto this and grabbed his hand, putting it down. "Do not pinch me."