TWENTY-FIVE. ignorance is bliss

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

To say East was anxious about the auditions today was an understatement. This was her second time auditioning for A-Troupe and, from the looks of it, the competition was going to be tougher than last time. The auditions were going to be structured differently than in previous years. Everyone was split into groups with black cards and white cards. Those with white cards would be auditioning in the morning, while those with black cards would be auditioning in the afternoon. The first portion of the auditions was a choreography section by a guest choreographer for each group, followed by a freestyle section.

East got a black card and, although she was happy with observing everything first before auditioning, the waiting game was a killer. However, another part of her was glad she wasn't stuck with Daniel's intense choreography for the first group. Though from watching on the sidelines, she knew for a fact that Richelle was enjoying the difficult choreography. That was what Richelle loved anyways. Kai seemed to enjoy it too and East knew he liked a challenge. Unfortunately, she happened to spot some dancers who were struggling a bit with it.

Currently, East was heading to Studio A with Noah by her side after the two had brought bottles of water from Java Junction. She was happy they were in the same group so she at least had someone to talk to. It seemed like Richelle was continuing with her silent treatment, which was what East was complaining to Noah about.

"I seriously don't know what I did," East continued. "It's like we're back to where we started when we first met."

"Yeah, that was brutal," Noah remarked, his face scrunched.

"I know which is why I'm worried. It's like her going back to blonde awakened the DanceZilla inside of her."

Noah sent her a confused look. "What's a DanceZilla?"

"I don't know. It's, like, uhm..." East began explaining the word she just created with a shrug. "Like a mashup of Godzilla and Dancer. A dancer who's scary strong like Godzilla."

"Don't think it'll catch on though."

"Oh, I'm confident it will in a few years."

. . .

The guest choreographer for the afternoon group was Stephanie and a part of East was relieved that it was someone she had a dance with just only a few weeks ago. Though from the way Stephanie was showing her choreography, East found that she was giving them a challenge. East caught onto it as Stephanie taught it, despite it being a bit challenging. If she practiced it over, then she knew she'd nail it.

Stephanie finished going over the choreography and as the group was about to disperse, she quickly stopped them. "Woah, woah, woah. Wait, wait, wait, wait. That's not actually it." East shared a confused look with Noah as she and everyone else slowly turned back to Stephanie. "Yeah, see the thing with good choreo is that it needs to have substance. In order to teach you guys that, we're going to do some exercises. Is that okay? We're gonna do an improve section, so I'm gonna turn on some music; I'm gonna shout stuff out to you and you guys have to do what I say."