TWENTY-SIX. welcome to the a-side

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Standing in Studio A were the members of A-Troupe, consisting of East, Richelle, Riley, Michelle, Piper, Amy, Cassie, Sloane, Skylar, Noah, Kai, Alfie, LaTroy, and Henry. To say East was ecstatic that she made it onto A-Troupe again was an understatement. Miss Kate stood before the dancers who were split on either side of the room, waiting to start their first routine as a team.

"Alright, A-Troupe," Kate's voice boomed throughout the studio. "Let's do this!"

A-Side began playing through the room, prompting the dancers to start their choreography. Throughout their dance and her solo section, East held a smile as she moved to the upbeat rhythm. She knew there would be a lot of changes during this new dance season. Heck, it hadn't even been a full day of the first day of rehearsals and she was already experiencing drama. But from everything she learned during the Internationals season, giving up would never be an option. Besides, she was a North, and Norths always found solutions to the hardest problems.

After the A-Troupers finished their routine, rehearsals went on smoothly. However, Kate decided to end it early for reasons unknown to East. Though she was happy about having a free afternoon because now she could celebrate being an A-Trouper with some of her friends. Currently, she sat at a table in Java Junction with Noah, Kai, Skylar, Henry, and LaTroy as they all chatted amongst themselves, mainly about how excited they were for A-Troupe.

"Do rehearsals usually end this early?" Henry raised the question.

"Not really," East answered. "Unless there's like a celebration or Miss Kate has a huge decision to make."

"Well, when I went to get my phone from the cubbies, I saw Miss Kate and Riley talking in the office," Kai said.

"It's probably nothing major," LaTroy responded with a shrug.

The group soon moved onto another topic of conversation when Skylar brought up her former rugby team and she and the boys started discussing their favorite teams. East, however, had her attention elsewhere when she saw Richelle enter the cafe and step into the line. She excused herself from her friends and made her way over to the blonde. Whatever was going on between them, she wanted to resolve. They were on the same team and the last thing she wanted was drama with someone she cared about.

"Hey," East spoke the second she approached Richelle, causing the latter to turn to face her with a small smile. A smile was a smile. That gave some relief to East. "So, uhm, congrats on making it onto A-Troupe. I had no doubts though. Your audition was amazing."

"Yeah, thanks. Same here," Richelle replied before her eyes widened a bit. "I mean, I had no doubts that you wouldn't make it. 'Cause, like, you're amazing... dancer! An amazing dancer."