SIXTY-TWO. can't stop dancing

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Stepping into Studio 1 of The Next Step felt like a dream for East. The studio was decorated beautifully with large balloons filling every corner, streamers hanging from the ceiling of the room that lit up with various colors of lights, large stickers of stars filling the walls, huge refreshments and snacks table in the office and a large space kept clear for dancing and mingling. East had never been to a prom or a school dance, but this felt like a dream come true.

"Wow, this place looks better than I imagined," East voiced as she and Kai stood near the entryway, admiring the studio with a smile. The two friends matched each other with their outfits. While East wore a glittery yellow dress that stopped above her knees with black heels, Kai wore a yellow suit with a white dress shirt and a black tie with black formal shoes.

"Yes I do," Kai agreed, smiling to himself. East sent him a raised eyebrow. "I know you were talking about the studio, but I look amazing."

"Oh, you're too modest, Kai," East joked. Her eyes were drawn to the large DJ booth standing in one of the corners which were being run by Eldon of all people. Behind him was a large banner that read Electric Eldon. "Is that Eldon?"

Kai followed her gaze, smiling in amusement. "Since when is he a DJ?"

"I have no idea. Let's go say hi," East suggested. She and Kai made their way over to the DJ booth, gaining Eldon's attention who smiled at them. "Eldon, hey!"

"Hey, guys," Eldon greeted them, his eyes narrowing in suspicion between the two. "You guys came together?"

"Yeah, East particularly begged me to go with her," Kai stated. East nudged his stomach with her elbow, causing him to grimace.

"I didn't know you could DJ," East spoke, turning the topic to Eldon's DJ booth.

"Technically, I can't. Electric Eldon is DJing from a playlist on his phone."

"So you're being paid for nothing?"

Eldon went silent for a second before nodding. "Yeah, pretty much."

East and Kai decided to leave Eldon for now and join the party. In no time, the studio was filled with A-Troupers, B-Troupers, J-Troupers, and The Next Step's very own studio heads Michelle and Emily. East had seen the majority of her friends, but she and Kai had been with Noah and Jacquie for the start of the night. The group decided to go over to the photographer to take some photos in front of the blue backdrop. While they were taking their group photos, Jacquie suddenly frowned and she pulled her boyfriend and her friends aside.