SIXTY-EIGHT. illicit affairs

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Entering the locker room, East found Richelle in there, sitting on the bench. She assumed the blonde must've been on a break from rehearsing her pas de deux with Noah.

"Hey, Richelle," East greeted her and headed to her locker, while Richelle sent her a smile. "Congrats on getting on the pas de deux with Noah, by the way."

"Thanks. I'm excited about it!" Richelle said with a wide grin.

"I can tell. How's it coming along?"

"Amazing, especially with Chloe's choreography. She's really pushing Noah and me."

Chloe had dropped by The Next Step today to help with the choreography for Noah and Richelle's ballet duet. East was happy Chloe could come because from all her experience from her tour, she could help TNS with winning this duet at Regionals. Plus, it was always great seeing a familiar face.

"I can imagine. I mean, she's a professional ballet dancer who danced in Paris," East expressed, clearly impressed with Chloe's achievements since she left The Next Step. "And she has an assistant!"

"That's what you're so impressed about? Her having an assistant?" Richelle inquired, chuckling in disbelief, and East nodded. "I mean, you have Noah."

"We're partners — equals."

Speaking of Noah, he stepped into the locker room, smiling at the girls. East noticed a small card was in his hand, but she didn't pay any mind to it.

"So why did Chloe make you stay longer?" Richelle questioned him. "Did you get in trouble or something?"

"Ooh, Noah in trouble?" East teased as she sat down next to Richelle. "This I have to hear."

"No, no, no, I didn't get in trouble. Nothing like that," Noah denied. "She actually, uh... She gave me this." Noah outstretched the card in his hand to Richelle who took it. She and East read it, realizing that it was a card for an audition for Robin Hood: The Musical. "She wants me to audition for Robin Hood: The Musical. Weird, right?"

"Yeah, really weird. I wonder why she'd give this to you and not me," Richelle confessed.

"I can't go audition... Can I?"

East shrugged. "It's an opportunity. You can either take it or let it pass by."

"If this were me, I would already have my audition piece ready," Richelle said, handing the card back to Noah.