You're In The Way

What now, why do you two appear at the worst time possible. 

"What a surprise, to think the 'Powerful monster,' was you, Rimuru." Guy exclaimed.

"'Powerful monster? What kind of nick name is that? I thought you were better than that Guy."

Whatever, those two aren't my prey. My real prey just ran away from me, the moment I got distracted, they sprinted away leaving a huge trail of destruction.

To think that little rat thinks he can run from me.

"Wait!"

Leon shouted before Rimuru tried to go after Yuuki.

"Is it true, that you have Chloe?" He asked.

"Yeah."

After Rimuru confirmed Leon of his question, he disappeared in an instant.

"What now, Leon?" Guy asked, smiling as he does so.

"...I don't know if i'll be able to take back Chloe at this rate, I can only hope that Demon Lord Rimuru has her best intentions."

"Sure he does, I know a little bit about that guy, he's not one to kill for no reason."

"Coming from you, that's not the least bit reassuring."

"Aww that hurts, why are you so cold to me, even after asking for my help."

"Hmph, that's not the truth, you just wanted to tag along."

Leon, who had received word from Yuuki that he has successfully gotten Chloe O'bell. The girl Leon has been looking for.

But he had also received word that a powerful monster was the one who had guarded Chloe, and that he needed his help in order to keep Chloe safe.

Naturally Leon had his doubts, but he couldn't care less about the man's credibility. So long as he could confirm Chloe was in his hands, he'd come and save her no matter the cost.

But alas, the unexpected always happens.

The powerful monster Yuuki had mentioned, was none other than Demon Lord Rimuru. Truly a powerful foe, he had already doubted whether he could win against him or not when he first saw Rimuru.

But Clayman's spectacular death, and Rimuru's duel against Milim, left him with no other choice than to back down.

But, there was one card he could play, a double edged sword if you will.

Guy Crimson. A fearsome overlord that Veldanava entrusted to mediate his world.

When Leon set out for Yuuki's domain, Guy had come over to visit him. Whether it was a coincidence, or was it planned, he had the option to ask for Guy's help.

"Guy. Tell me honestly. Do you think you could win?"

"Against you?" Guy jokingly said.

"No. You know who I mean." Leon brushed off Guy's words by replying in a cold tone.

"...Honestly, the chances are balanced. It would all depend on luck if we fought (mostly mine)."

"Oh, you being like that was unexpected, I was sure you would say something like "I wouldn't know unless I try!" kind off response."

"In other words, I don't think I can win.""

Guy had a fair streak of spouting jokes with a straight face, but this time, Leon had noticed how serious he was as he said this.

"In any case, if it's him, maybe I can ask to meet Chloe."

With that thought in mind, Leon and Guy withdrew to their own territories.