An 'Old' Memory

A long time ago. A time where even the creator of the world, my brother, Star King Veldanava was still alive.

I was a young individual who was only born recently at the time. I explored the world that my elder brother created, and under his guidance, I grew powerful and intelligent. 

Not long after, my younger sister and younger brother were born, Velgrynd and Veldora. I personally looked after them growing up, especially Veldora. He was a tough kid to raise, but I managed one way or another.

Though I don't know why the kid is so afraid of me.

It hurts my feelings considering I've been giving him a thorough education.

Meeting Guy was a disaster waiting to come. A mere primordial, fighting on equal ground with me, it baffled my mind at the time. 

I had an ultimate skill, while he only had a unique skill. He was skillful, powerful, and cunning. I hate to admit it but, even I would have to borrow someone else's power to take Guy on as he is now.

Sometime's I'd play the part of a loser, and bring up Guy's utter defeat against my brother. He'd just ignore me, boring right?

However, that wasn't the only time he lost.

One day, suddenly out of nowhere, brother Veldanava appeared along with someone. My eyes grew wide, shocked by what I saw.

When I look at that person again, I become nervous, intimidated, and I would feel like a child all over again.

It was as if my dear brother had become two.

With a divine and chaotic aura, a being named Rimuru had come upon our world. At first, I thought I had another little brother, however, I was wrong.

It became apparent to me that Rimuru was eons stronger than I was. Whenever I asked him questions, he would always answer indirectly by giving me hints.

When it comes to raw power, he completely outclasses me. However, I feel that sometimes he struggles with using his power. It is as if his powers are beyond his control, and that he cannot control them.

But of course, it might have just been me imagining. I can't actually believe that such a powerful being as him would actually have those types of problems.

I suddenly remember a scene from long ago, where I first challenged him in my curiosity.

**

Brother Veldanava had informed me about this individual's existence, so, to an extent, I am aware of what might happen if I do what I plan to do.

"Excuse me, may I talk to you for a second?" 

I approach him, with as much positivity as I could muster, as to not seem suspicious or hostile.

"Oh? You are... Velzard, if I'm correct?"

My eyes grew wide open. How could he have known who I was, unless my brother told him? Right, that must be it.

In response, I nodded along silently with a bit of enthusiasm.

"So I was right. What brings you here? Shouldn't you be somewhere else, right now?"

"Indeed. However, I have excused myself, for the time being, I wish to be acquainted with you."

"I see. Well then, my name is Rimuru Tempest. It is a pleasure to meet you."

Such a graceful introduction... Ah! No! Velzard, stay on your right mind.

"The pleasure is all mine, it is nice to meet you as well. I am known as Velzard, feel free to address me as you wish."