Demon Lord's Debut IV

"Wahaha! That was extremely entertaining Rimuru! I would have liked for it to last longer."

Milim didn't question my power, instead, she just ignores it and praised the fight instead. Ciel had overdone herself again this time. I can feel my senses and my strength rising in every second that passes by.

The other demon lords were simply silent, with some with their heads down.

"Wait Rimuru, before I end the meeting Rimuru..." 

Guy shot an intense glare at me, causing the other demon lords to panic once more. Fearing another deadly fight. But... I kind of know where this is going, so I just wore a neutral expression.

"Since our numbers have gone down, our name Ten Great Demon Lords became unsuitable. Would you kindly give us a new name?"

Guy didn't have the leisure to casually threaten me like last time. So he acted like a friend instead, requesting a request I would have normally turned down.

"Sure. Since there are only 8 of us now, shall we call ourselves the Eight Star Demon Lords? I've associated it with the name Octogram."

The demon lords think deeply at my words, soon, they began to agree simultaneously.

"Great! Looks like we have an agreement. As expected of you Rimuru!"

Please, I already knew so you getting enthusiastic now will give me weird feelings. With that, the guy announced the end of the banquet. Like before, some went home as soon as it ended, while some stayed behind to chat.

 I was about to go home myself but Guy stopped me.

"Rimuru! Why not stay for a little chat?"

"And get interrogated by you? No way in hell."

"Rude! Anyone would question what the hell they just saw! Milim of all people, ended up like that? What kind of power are you hiding."

I just mentioned I didn't want to answer questions, yet here he is crossing his arms around my shoulder so that I wouldn't run away, questioning me.

"I simply used all my power in that last attack, happy?"

"Oh, I see– as if! You're not fooling my eyes Rimuru."

"Aren't you supposed to be dignified, what happened to that persona?" Thanks for the jokes Ciel.

"Wha– cut the bullshit, explain, now." 

His voice got a bit threatening, which made me jump out of reflex. What do I do now?"

<<Scare him?>>

You are not helping.

"Let's see, I enhanced my abilities at that last second, how I did so was because of the magical energy that Milim herself leaked out. All I did was turn that said energy to match my own and held it back until that very last moment, allowing me to conjure enough power to weaken Milim. Satisfied?"

Thanks to my daily lessons with Ciel, my knowledge has greatly improved. Which allowed me to make up lies on the spot.

<<Amazing master, that was one strategy we could've used!>>

Apparently, Ciel thought it was a viable strategy we could've potentially used. I guess they weren't all lies after all.

"Okay, that seems fairly reasonable, but how exactly did you convert the energy?"

Hmm, let's use that one excuse Raphael made for me a while back when Guy visited me after the war with the empire.

"My Ultimate Skill allows me to convert any and all energy, to match my own, of course, the energy of a soul is included. Which by the way, do you have any spare souls I could use?"