Tempest's Intro

The fate of Granbell was handed to Ruminas's hands as Rimuru wanted. What Ruminas decided to do or not do was entirely up to her.

Rimuru had more matters to tend to. Such as continuing the Labyrinths construction. Or, preparing for the upcoming events that made Tempest what it was in the past.

But of course, since Rimuru had just captured the knights, he would have to do something about them. 

"Lord Rimuru, what about the knights?"

"Ah don't worry, I've got something planned. You did make sure that none of them are hurt, right?"

"Yes, as you instructed."

"Good. We have Hinata here. It'll give us a lot of room for negotiation."

As Rimuru had gone through this experience already, he naturally knew what action he would take.

***

So... we need Myourmiles, as expected huh?

We were on the topic of discussing financial situations regarding what we should prioritize on investing in. No, this won't do, if we had such straightforward mindsets we wouldn't even get half of the success Tempest got.

In terms of our reputation, of course. Once again, if the humans had even the tiniest bit of thought that they could exploit something out of us, they would.

"Rimuru-sama, pardon me, but we can't leave all the work to Shuna," said Benimaru.

"I think that as well, no need to be reserved. Shuna herself already does a lot of things, and I want her to focus on those things. I've already got someone to man the financial situation of Tempest. Can I ask for you guys to trust me on this?"

All of my executives look at each other. It seems they already have an understanding.

"If it's you Lord Rimuru, then we will accept whoever they are," said Benimaru.

The others nod in agreement.

***

On a particular place in Blumund City.

"Hey, Myourmiles! I got some business for ya!"

"S-sir! Please don't head in w-without warning!"

If he's already here then your warning doesn't matter and you failed.— thought Myourmiles.

Myourmiles was a wealthy merchant, a rather successful one at that.

"What can I do for you?"

"...weird, you usually address me with my title. But! Since I'm merciful I'll allow that."

It's because of nobles like these that, Blumund is staying stagnant in development. Normally, I would act like my usual self, however, I've dealt with this customer many times already. I already knew what this "business" of his was.

"May I ask as to what this "business" is?" asked Myourmiles.

"I'm glad you asked." he leans in, gesturing me to get closer too. "Actually, I've secured a bunch of pretty slaves. I was thinking—"

"I'll pass, thank you." 

Myourmiles cut the noble off. Irritated as his prediction was right.

Of all things, why slaves? Don't you know how terribly inefficient they are in business? 

"Haaa? Don't cut me off while I'm talking. You should be grateful since I'm introducing you to a new source of income."

A very unstable one at that.