Humans vs Monsters III

In a separate dimension lies a figure. This figure oversees the war as it goes on, staring into nothingness, he looks upon the outside world. With golden eyes that prey upon the unlucky soldiers that opposed him. Sitting on a throne fit for a King, he thinks deeply on something.

"Everything's going well, Benimaru did a great job at assassinating those soldiers. Shion and the others have displayed great results too. But...."

<<A powerful individual has slipped into the army, this one is certainly not one of your subordinates master>>

"I can tell that, and somethings telling me not taking care of that first will cost me a great sacrifice."

The figure humps back into his throne, although with a negative expression. Many would wish to paint his magnificent look.

<<Master, Veldora seems to be back. He has requested to meet you>>

"He's back already? I expected him to come back after 2 weeks. Maybe he got too scared"

Appearing out of nowhere, a tall man with tanned skin walks towards Rimuru.

"I'm back! That was extremely harsh of you to hide the town."

I did have reasons for hiding the it, one being protecting the citizens. No one could come in [Imaginary Space] without my permission, so it's the safest place I could hide them. 

Another one being because of the individual that's standing out in the kings main army.

"I wanted to hide the town because of that thing." I point at the individual appearing on a screen in front of us.

"Hmm... who's that?"

"Look closely you idiot."

It's surprising me how he didn't recognize this person at first glance. He even destroyed this person's country once. I'm extremely sorry, Ruminas.

"Ah! Is she that girl whose country I 'accidentally' destroyed a couple of centuries ago."

"Yeah, Ruminas remember? You have got to pay attention to things like these more often."

"Well... it's just, you know... my sister, she made me forget a couple of things with her 'pampering'."

".....You are forgiven."

<<Master, Benimaru and Shion are about to engage combat on the main army>>

Looks like it's almost time, I don't mind Ruminas being there. Why? Even though she might kill Benimaru and the others? Simple, those bodies of theirs are not real. A pseudo body that I designed from the Magi-soldiers components. 

It took ages to let Shion decide on her appearance, so I just used their original appearance instead. Their unique skills are enough to move that body around, I'd guess the body is at A-class in overall performance.

Quite weak compared to their normal strengths, but this should do the job. Even Rigur is at A rank thanks to the body. 

But skill is quite an important factor too, that's obvious because Benimaru, Shion and Ranga, are completely dominating the enemies than the rest.

*

They attack, catching the soldiers off guard, they immediately attack. Benimaru and his men dominate the right flank of the enemies, while Shion intercepts at the north. Ranga encloses them at the south

Since they were just resting, they didn't have the best of a formation, seeing that a direct 3 way attack immediately cornered them.

Benimaru's men quickly decreased the numbers of the army, making the previous 25,000 to 20,000 in a short amount of time.

A powerful barrier suddenly encloses them, one that would weaken those with the demon attribute. Or more specifically, monsters.

Looks like Ruminas is finally on the move, Ciel, prepare to intervene once you separate my subordinates from there.

<<Understood, separating the consciousness from the pseudo body.... success. Transferring now...>>

*

"W-what!? where did those monsters go?"

"I don't know my king! They just vanished into thin air!"

A hooded figure listens as the king and his attendants discuss the sudden disappearance of the monsters.

This figure is also confused, wondering what happened to them.

'Did my barrier kill them? No, that's unlikely, before they vanished, I swear I saw every single one of them grin like the monsters they were.'

She tries to put everything she saw together, only to feel a cold chill in her back as she notices a large formation of energy forming dead center at the camp.

Calm and composed, she decides to check out the source of this uneasiness.

What she saw shook her, a beautiful maiden clad in black. Golden eyes that could see through everything, a powerful sword that could surpass her own. More importantly, the feeling that this individual is not to be messed with.

She wasn't even sure if she could beat such an individual, she only remains calm so that this person won't notice her. No, perhaps she was already found out the moment she decided to infiltrate.

'Could this person be....'

The reason for her infiltrating is...

"Ruminas-sama... I have something to report."

"Oh? Tell me, your unusually hesitant, is it something big?"

"Yes, there's this monster, who disguised as a human. I went an confronted it once it was outside the city but it almost escaped. But luckily I managed to get a hold of it before it went too far."

"So? What's the big deal, was this monster perhaps strong?"

"More than I expected actually, I was the one who first drew my sword. But it evaded every single one, even parried some with it's bare hands."

Ruminas starts to listen more intently, there is someone capable of holding against Hinata on their own that she is unaware off... from Hinata's perspective at least.

"Then it finally drew it's sword.... and it sliced mine in half in mere seconds after drawing it. I felt overwhelming difference between our swords from the moment it started to swing at me."

Ruminas is getting serious, Hinata is her most powerful holy knight, and she knows how strong Hinata is too. So knowing that a monster could overwhelm the most powerful knight like that, spells chaos to her. Truth be told, she already knew who this person is.

But the events explained to her are completely off, it didn't say that Hinata would loose on their first encounter. Not even the slightest mention of this overwhelming victory against her.

She knew she had to check this person for herself, so that is why she is here right now. Completely at awe, staring at this divine being floating above them.

"First and foremost.... no mercy."

Then, the soldiers all around disappeared instantly, not a single one could be seen. Even the dead ones were gone, blood stains vanished from the floor, like they weren't even there in the first place.

Only 2 individuals remain, Ruminas and the King.

Rimuru looked to Ruminas, who was still trying to find a single soldier.

"Ruminas-san, I trust that you know who I am? Could you please dispel this barrier?"

"...I can."

"That'd be great, now, if you'll excuse me, I have some business with a foolish king."

Just like that, Ruminas dispelled the barrier as Rimuru walks past her. She unconsciously waits for Rimuru to return, curios about who he really is.

The war between the monsters and humans ends here, and although it wasn't a battle fit for human history, it certainly got the attention of many historians that would look upon this in the future.

***