Demon Lord's Debut II

After Rimuru's success in getting a seat in the Octogram. Guy finally tells everyone is real intentions.

"Can I say something?" 

The one who spoke up first was none other than Frey.

"Go ahead."

Guy confirms, allowing Frey the freedom to speak her mind.

"I've had this thought for a while now, and I want to say this now more than ever. I've been thinking of stepping down as a demon lord. My reason being that I know now the overwhelming difference in strength between us."

Although some showed indifference, a few people were shocked about her sudden retirement.

"What?! Frey, why back out now?" Karion not taking this, spoke up in a loud manner.

"I already said the reason just now."

"If that's how you want to play it, fine, I'll step down as well!"

It seems that Karion wanted to step down as well, using Frey's excuse as his own.

"Well, if you want to, I can't stop you." Guy expressed his thoughts as Frey sighed in relief.

How this is going down is going to end up different from what I knew, of course that was inevitable, but at least I wanted to get the future where Frey and Karion were under Milim. 

So I prepared the necessary plans I plan to take in order to do that in advance. 

Earlier, when I was waiting for Guy, I contacted Milim.

*

'Milim, do you mind if we talk right now?'

'Rimuru? Oh no, I'm bored as well, let's talk!' 

Milim sounds excited, this means I can proceed with my plan without any worries.

'I've got a favor to ask of you, is that okay?'

'I'll do anything you want, you are my bestie after all!'

'I'm happy to hear that, then could you get Frey and Karion under you?'

'What? Hmm... not sure I can do that.'

'Relax, I'll be setting up some measures to ensure a 100% rate of success'

'Oh~ wahahaha! If that's the case then go ahead! But Rimuru, what do I do once I take them in?'

'They can help you with managing your territory, stuff like that. But don't think about it too much right now, things will naturally sort it self out when the time comes.'

'Wahahah! All right, I look forward to it.'

Just as I was about to close the thought communication, Milim suddenly shouted, as if she recalled something incredible. I'm getting extreme goosebumps, I don't know why...

'Rimuru... Can I ask you of one thing in return?'

'Sure...' 

I was hesitant not because I was cautious against her, but because I was worried that she'd suggest something outrageous.

'Fight me!'

What the f–

'What! You mean during Walpurgis!?'

'Yep! That way, they'd accept you becoming a demon lord with ease right?'

'Urgh...'

I couldn't find a way to counter Milim as she made that statement, sure, fighting her was one way to gain their approval. But that's... well... I feel like fighting Milim there would result in something troublesome.