Humans vs Monsters II

"What do you mean the main Vanguard disappeared?"

"It is as it means my king. When we went to the place where they had been stationed, they were nowhere to be seen. We also found a messenger dead, according to the letter the body had, it seems they were attacked."

"Impossible, there is no way they could have known we were attacking."

The king wonders in bewilderment and shock as to how they could've possibly known he was attacking their nation. Before reaching to a conclusion, his confidant tells him another issue that has been bugging him.

"And you're majesty.... there is something very concerning written in the letter."

"What it is?"

"Uhm... i don't know if–"

"Just tell me already!"

The confidant hesitantly reads the words written on the letter. His feelings were obviously showing on his face, yet the king decided to ignore it and let him continue.

"Greetings King of Farmus, I'am Rimuru Tempest. The king of this nation, as you may have already known, I've wiped out your entire vanguard–"

As the confidant was reading the letter, the letter glows and shows a holographic image of a beautiful maiden. This causes the king to smirk, no one knew what the king was thinking at the time.

Then the maiden then starts to move, looking at the king himself. She opens her mouth and speaks, catching every single person here off guard, except for a knight and the king.

"Greetings King Edomalis, My name is Rimuru Tempest, the ruler of these monsters."

"Greetings, I would've liked for us to meet personally, but I guess this will do."

"Same here, but our circumstance really prevents that from happening."

"We can start our talks here, I'll start us off, first, I would like you to give your nation to me."

With the kings absurd request, even the knight next to him, who was calm and composed earlier, turn to look at the king with a stupefied look.

"I'm afraid I can't have that, I don't want my people to suffer after all."

As if never hearing the kings words the maiden laughs and responded to king with a beautiful calm voice. Some even thought that they were in the presence of a goddess.

"Quite a stubborn one are you? Then let me change it a little bit, I want you instead."

The king looks at the maiden with gluttonous eyes. However, the maiden starts to laugh uncontrollably. Then, her eyes turn red and her expression darkens, and with a cold voice, she utters out words that would later shake the entire army.

"Pathetic, if you want to take Lord Rimuru, then I'd suggest you better prepare your funeral immediately."

The dark maiden emits a powerful aura, causing most of the guards to pass out almost immediately. Even the knight if barely unconscious, same as the king.

"Curse you..."

"Don't you ever dare tamper with my masters heart!"

Then, as if this very conversation was planned, a messenger from the second vanguard came in with a desperate expression.

"Emergency! The second vanguard is under attack!"

He opens the curtains only to find his king on the ground, and the soldiers that were inside passed out with bubbles on their mouths.